Getting fish

Fish Fanatic34

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering if these fish are compatible in a 130 liter (35 gallon) aquarium. I will hopefully be keeping 6-10 cardinal tetra, single angel fish, pair of German blue rams and 1-3 bristle nose pleco.

Just need to know if all these fish are compatible.

Looks good to me- I know the angels, cardinals and rams will be fine- I have had bristlenose pleco too and they're very docile. Sounds like it'll be a beautiful mix.

As far as compatibility goes, I’d say your fine.
I’d go for 10 cardinal tetras, as they do better in large groups.
Keeping an angelfish will depend on the height of your tank. Angelfish will grow quite large and tall.
Rams sound good, maybe only one though because they can be pretty territorial when breeding. I would also only get 1 bristlenose pleco. You might could get away with 2 though in a 35, I’m not sure.
The angelfish might be aggressive towards the rams in a smaller sized tank, but it really just comes down to the height. Some fish do better in shallower aquariums, while others thrive in taller spaces.

Sorry to go against everyone else but I don't think cardinal tetras are recommended as tank mates for angelfish as they may eat
them. Usually any small linear fish can be attacked or eaten by angelfish as it is seen as prey and also fits in the mouth of a larger angelfish.

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website (Water Analysis Report) or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Sorry to go against everyone else but I don't think cardinal tetras are recommended as tank mates for angelfish as they may eat
them. Usually any small linear fish can be attacked or eaten by angelfish as it is seen as prey and also fits in the mouth of a larger angelfish.
The dimensions are 90cm long, 42 cm high and 36 cm width

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website (Water Analysis Report) or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).
The ph is roughly 6.8-7

The height is good.

If the cardinals are adult, they are safe. If you buy the least expensive tiny little cardinals and put them with an adult angel, it's a live food festival. But I have kept adult angels with adult cardinals and never had an issue. 10 cardinals would be better.

The Rams want it hotter than the others (80+), so they’re not compatible.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back