German Ram compatibility

AHackett72

Reaction score
I wanted to know if German Rams would be alright with the fish in my 20 gal. They are beautiful and I've wanted to buy a pair every time I see them in the store! I've heard that they are peaceful and also aggressive. Fill me in with some info!

You already have too many fish in there. Plus rams are very sensitive to water quality.

20 Gal(tropical--Aqua Clear 200)
12 guppies(born 12-03)
3 white clouds
3 glowlight tetras
2 neon tetras
2 rasbora het
1 clown pleco
1 cory cat
1 rainbow shark

29 Gal(tropical--Aqua Clear 300)
3 diamond tetras
3 bleeding heart tetras
2 gold gouramis
1 platinum gourami
2 silver dollars
1 bala shark
1 albino rainbow shark
1 black fin shark
1 albino cory cat

as already said you have FAR too many fish in thoses tanks at the moment. you should NOT be considdering what else you can add to that tank, you SHOULD be thinking about how to rehome a lot of the fish you have already that are not suitable for the tanks you have.

please rehome the bala, silver dollars and the rainbow shark before you considder anything else. this is the inital problem that needs sorting but you have a lot more.

gixer said:
20 Gal(tropical--Aqua Clear 200)
12 guppies(born 12-03)
3 white clouds
3 glowlight tetras
2 neon tetras
2 rasbora het
1 clown pleco
1 cory cat
1 rainbow shark

29 Gal(tropical--Aqua Clear 300)
3 diamond tetras
3 bleeding heart tetras
2 gold gouramis
1 platinum gourami
2 silver dollars
1 bala shark
1 albino rainbow shark
1 black fin shark
1 albino cory cat

as already said you have FAR too many fish in thoses tanks at the moment. you should NOT be considdering what else you can add to that tank, you SHOULD be thinking about how to rehome a lot of the fish you have already that are not suitable for the tanks you have.

please rehome the bala, silver dollars and the rainbow shark before you considder anything else. this is the inital problem that needs sorting but you have a lot more.
also the black finned or "columbian shark" is even worse off in a 29gallon as the bala as i have said in another post :)

just one thing
several people told you in a previous post how you have too many fish and gave you good advise, showing you that some of your fish are unsuitable for your tanks
now i have been respectful and kind all along but for some reason you ignore good advice
i am unsure of your age but i must advise you to follow these peoples advice aswell as my own
we know what we are talking about
its pretty clear that you are new to fish keeping so maybe you should follow what more experienced people are nicely trying to tell you instead of fighting them off and posting a new topic on what else you can cram in your tanks :dunno:

good luck :flowers:
we've all made mistakes,
maybe you should own up and admit it to yourself (you don't have to admit a thing to us ;) , and we won't tell) instead of trying to prove us wrong?
we're here as your friends, not to fight, to inform :nod:

From what I read, dwarf cichlids in community tanks do best in a 29 gallon minimum with a cave or two, some dense plant thickets, and open swimming space. This includes Kribs, Rams, and cockatoo cichlids - all really cool fish :D

Can't wait to get some Rams or Kribs in a 55g community :wub: I just need a few more paychecks!

I think that you are either a wind up merchant or totally ignorant.

You have been helped here and it has been expained to you that your fish are already overcrowded and that you have too many of some fish and not enough of others.

I know it's not good to hear that there's problems with your stocking but it happens to most of us at some point. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it is untrue.

See you in the emergency section soon.

:crazy:

Most reactions

Back