German Blue Rams..

yes you can have rams in a peacefull community setup however yopur tanks are newly set up arent they? i would wait untill your tank has been running with perfect water stats for at least 6 months as rams do better in a mature tank and are very sensitive to slight changes in water paramaters
 
lovely fish but very delicate would also prefer a sand substrate as mikrogeophagus basicly translates as "mini eartheater" ie they sift the substrate for food etc and gravel can damage the mouths
 
cant really help as far as betta tankmates go maybe post in the betta section . thats where the betta experts are they will be able to advise you
 
yeah im going to post when i decide what other fish im after, to see if they will go together.
 
Also the reason I haven't gone for GBR's is because they demand a higher temerature than I am willing to go to, mainly because I want corries but I also have Neons.

I think you would be better dedicating a smaller aquarium to a betta you can get cheap 30ltr hex tanks on ebay :good: I know people say they can mix but I think a lot of folk find out compatibility the hard way from what I understand.
 
ah ok, thats them out of the window then. No DP, no GBR. hmm, back to square one.
 
I've kept GBR's, corys and tetra's in 24 degrees before quite happily - I've always found temperature for most community fish isn't an issue, as long as its stable.

GBR's are beautiful fish but as others have said though sensitive so worth giving it a few months like Mark said. I'd keep the betta in a tank on its own - easy to pick up a cheap small tank for him, you could buy second hand fish, filter and tank with change from £20. £25 inc the betta, good kitchen side tank that.

What size is your main tank? Will come up with some suggestions.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top