German Blue Rams In The High 70s

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DERANGED C0W

Reaction score
Hey guys. Yesterday I bought 3 young German Blue Rams. Right now my tank stays at 77-78 degrees. Is this too low for them because I know they like it to be more around the low 80's? I am worried to raise the temps because of my 6 Agassizi Cory Catfish. Will they be fine in higher temps around 80. I had an adult GBR in this tank for a few months with these same temps and he was fine. He died during Sandy when I lost power and my tank dropped to the high 60's at night. What temperature do you guys recommend putting the tank to? The other inhabitants of the tank are a red wag platy, neon tetras and glowlight tetras. Any advice is appreciated!

I'm not 100% sure on GBRs, but my Bolivian ram is thriving at 76. 79 is probably the highest you should go for cories.

Bolivian Rams may now be the best comparison as they are a much hardier fish and can survive a wider range however according to my usual source of fish information 77 degrees is the top end of a corys range and the bottom end of the Rams range.

Assuming you don't hit 77 all day and all night, why I dont know is whether you are better with hot Corys or cold Rams.

i kept a pair of GBR in my tank,which were kept at a constant 76 without any problems and spawned each month.GBR are more hardier now than they used to be due to breeding.

OK. I'm going to keep the temps how they are. The rams seem to be doing good, they're active and eating. Thanks for the info

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back