George's Journal

That's an ingenious idea, Paul.

Got anymore tips, I'd like to do the same with my tank (check out how things would look). I'm alright with photoshop, but can't do anything too fancy...

I wonder how many entries to AGA are skillfully photo chopped

Good start gf

I love the look of it right now. The open space in the front allows you wo differentiate between the sag and the java, and you can see the fern in all its glory. It really is a beautiful plant. And so healthy. I think the glosso in the front would work well too. A shorter plant, but still has a stunning full look to it.

looks good.
with the new placement of the fern, it does look like an extension of the sag-so to continue with the err..."gradual extension" (for lack of a better term)
perhaps have glosso in the front, followed by maybe a small broken line of microsword so the height gradually gets taller.

also maybe a smooth black river stone or two or three (different sizes of course) among the glosso (if you go with glosso) would set off all of the green.

and i like the crinum in there. did you forget to put it in for the pic or did you change your mind about it after taking the pic?

paulioo said:
Here you go. New layout with Glosso :thumbs:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I use adobe photoshop when ever I want to change things. I used it to create my own 'Nature Layout' for my tank, currently work in progress as you may know.

I find it a great tool as it allows you to know what looks right and what doesn't, without having to wait weeks for a certain plant to grow.

Paul
[snapback]914129[/snapback]​
Thats a brill idea Paul. Where do you get the images for the plants from?

I've just bought two pots of Anubias nana. Wonderful quality and amazing size, really well established already. A complete bargain at only £2.75 per pot.

You would normally pay more than double that for specimens this size. Purchased from The Waterzoo in Peterborough, UK - highly recommended.

They do any 4 pots for £10 and they normally have a wide selection of species, not Tropica though.

The Waterzoo's owner is Jason Scott, he writes for Practical Fishkeeping magazine and is there expert on equipment related matters. Very nice guy too.

Attachments

• anubias.JPG
    anubias.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 71
Thats such a good deal. I paid £4.50 each for my anubias nana :|

So whats the plan with that then? Have I missed something? Is there a big bit of bogwood for those anubias?

gf225 said:
I've just bought two pots of Anubias nana. Wonderful quality and amazing size, really well established already. A complete bargain at only £2.75 per pot.

You would normally pay more than double that for specimens this size. Purchased from The Waterzoo in Peterborough, UK - highly recommended.

They do any 4 pots for £10 and they normally have a wide selection of species, not Tropica though.

The Waterzoo's owner is Jason Scott, he writes for Practical Fishkeeping magazine and is there expert on equipment related matters. Very nice guy too.
[snapback]916878[/snapback]​

You have just convinced me that it's A. petite nana in my tank and not coffeefolia like the store said it was. What are you going to do with the A. nana, gf?

I have planted the Anubias between the wood and fern.

The idea is to provide a nice transition from my eventual foreground (Glosso or HC) to the fern. The same principle is used with the Sagittaria and fern leaves. Hopefully the end result will flow really nicely creating an almost "hill" like effect, the fern being the main hill and the lower plants providing an emcompassing plain.

I'm still deciding on the foreground configuration. You can see the black PVC partitions that I have placed to prevent the Sag from carpeting forward. I'm thinking of Glosso to the left and right of the two bogwood pieces and maybe HC in between. Any thoughts?

The Crinum is back in there, I'm tempted to keep it now. Sorry Jimbooo, I'll let you know for definite soon mate.

Digweed has gone camera shy again.

I think the glosso will work great, mind its a pig to plant. I fount the potted version a lot easier to work with .
I like the look with the Anubias it breaks up the long flowing looks from the saggiteria and fern.how about a splash of colour in there , Nymphaea Zenkeri Lotus or somthing similar

gf225 said:
I have planted the Anubias between the wood and fern.

The idea is to provide a nice transition from my eventual foreground (Glosso or HC) to the fern. The same principle is used with the Sagittaria and fern leaves. Hopefully the end result will flow really nicely creating an almost "hill" like effect, the fern being the main hill and the lower plants providing an emcompassing plain.

I'm still deciding on the foreground configuration. You can see the black PVC partitions that I have placed to prevent the Sag from carpeting forward. I'm thinking of Glosso to the left and right of the two bogwood pieces and maybe HC in between. Any thoughts?

The Crinum is back in there, I'm tempted to keep it now. Sorry Jimbooo, I'll let you know for definite soon mate.

Digweed has gone camera shy again.

[snapback]917878[/snapback]​

Oh, that's just lovely. I adore anubias. Can't wait to do my 75g West African theme when I graduate. It will prominantly feature anubias. Really, very pretty. Of course Digweed won't pose, I'm assuming that's the Discuss that I've seen in there a few times. I like the Crinum too. I don't gf, this is starting to look a bit more Dutch to me. :p

RYO said:
how about a splash of colour in there , Nymphaea Zenkeri Lotus or somthing similar
[snapback]917932[/snapback]​
Where exactly? My tank is too small for another focal point - and I like green. There's enough colour in the fish for my taste. Thanks for the feedback though - did you mail-order your Glosso pots?

lljdma06 said:
I like the Crinum too. I don't gf, this is starting to look a bit more Dutch to me. :p
[snapback]917969[/snapback]​
I'm not sure I understand you. Would you mind elaborating?

looks 10x better mate, love the anubias, i paid £7.50 each for mine. no worries on the crinium mate, either way if you want to loose it i'll happily take it for you but looking at the new layout i'd leave it where it is.

did you mail-order your Glosso pots?
Yes m8 from birstall.
The splash of colour i was refering to was under the fern similar to the anubias and used as a accent rather than a new focal point.
Ive pulled my sag out of my 120l too and added glosso and crypts,they got too wild in my tank but looked realy in place with your set up(glad you left some in there)

Most reactions

Back