General Hobby Addition

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Danno

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I think this might be an idea out of the blue but I think it would be a great addition to the general hobby area dubbed "School". In there you can ask for help reviewing a paper, statisitics on people, polls, and help with college admissions. There would have to be a pin at the top though saying that it is purely educational. I think it would be a great addition. :good:

Hm, i don't think it would be that good in practice. Ultimately people need to do their own research when it comes to stuff like this at school/college/uni etc- i think the main problem with a hobby section like this is that a lot of people will probably just use others in the new section to do their homework and hard work for them when they should really be doing it themselves.

Hm, i don't think it would be that good in practice. Ultimately people need to do their own research when it comes to stuff like this at school/college/uni etc- i think the main problem with a hobby section like this is that a lot of people will probably just use others in the new section to do their homework and hard work for them when they should really be doing it themselves.

And they don't do that already? I know that in Holland when I went to school a couple of years ago you'd hardly find anyone who did their own work. Everyone gets their stuff ready made from the internet and just steals it from classmates. Heck, it came to the point where my teachers modified the assessments for it to say 'Find a summary on the internet about the book you've read and highlight what you agree with, and why' etc. I'm certain England isn't much different, as my other half even got paid good money by classmates to do their homework for them.

I think it's a brilliant idea. This forum probably has some school teachers or higher up students that would be able to help with a lot of things, like maths questions for example.
And a lot of classes do require people to be interviewed of polls to be made, that would definatly be made a lot easier with a forum like this. Not that I ever did interview people or do the polls, making them up works just as well :p

eh, i imagine the only person willing to do a lot of difficult research on the behalf of a non-paying anonymous stranger on the net would be you Tokis :p you great big helpful softie, you. ;) (i only tease out of love.)

really, the greatest danger would be the emergence of various feisty debates over different educational strategies and techniques, much like the long-disappeared debate over global warming in the Nature section. as a matter of fact, i sense one of those debates emerging in this thread right now :lol:

but it would be nice to have a designated area for talking about schools and education because there's always a fair amount of that spilling over into tropical chat (and occasionally into Announcements :shifty:). a large contingent of our members are school-aged and another large portion are parents of school-aged children. there's also always a few people thinking about going back for more education, generally to participate in fishy-fields who end up asking for advice in the Chat forum. adding a School/Education section to the Hobbies forum would probably serve those segments well.

Just another idea. If this forum doesn't work it can always be deleted. Maybe a "School beta" would ok?

More input is needed before any action can be taken though.

"
ahhh1kr6.gif
"

I think there used to be on but oh well. :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back