Geckooooooo!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
Have this fella a few days, he's still only very young.
Anyway, some pictures.

Magherafelt-20120308-00877.jpg

Magherafelt-20120308-00886.jpg

Magherafelt-20120308-00881.jpg

He had just shed here
Magherafelt-20120306-00876.jpg

Was due a shed in these final two pictures
gecko.jpg

geckooo.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Aah thanks.
I'm no good with a camera, I must have taken 100+ pictures in order to get the few I'm happy with.
In the first picture he was resting his head on his water dish.

If someone seconds it then I will. Out of all the pictures its my favourite one.

seconded!!

lovely leopard, hes not a normal one is he? stunning colours in the shed picture.

Thanks Simon.
The mother was a super hypo carrot tail and father was either a super hypo tremper albino or a super hypo tangerine carrot tail as she was with 2 different males last year so either could be the father, I can see a wee bit of tangerine coming through though I think. The person I got him from has an amazing set up for retiles. He breeds from home, he's got everything to poison dart frogs to some monster snakes (needless to say I wasn't up for the snakey part but he let us take the kids in and they loved it) he's 148 reps in total. He's hoping to breed a pair of black hole geckos and if they do I get first pick of the wee ones. £80 each he'll be charging when I've seen them for £150. Some truly amazing geckos he has.

He's due to shed again as he's all pale. He'll be so bright tomorrow.

By the way, he's in the Pet Of The Month competition just incase anyone wishes to vote. Hint hint.

Few more pictures.

His tail and belly are starting to get wider now. I love a gecko with a nice fat tail.

Magherafelt-20120320-00935.jpg

Magherafelt-20120320-00952.jpg

Magherafelt-20120320-00928.jpg

Magherafelt-20120320-00927.jpg

He's made himself right at home. Really is a great pet and its a shock watching him eat something that is bigger than his head and he catches it so quick too.

I'd really reccomend everyone should get one. He's so tame now and I'm beginning to learn when he's wanting fed just by looking at him. My camera skills are rubbish, I'll admit this but there's a few pictures I've taken of him I really like.

Thanks for looking.

A lovely gecko, in the first picture he looks like the cat that ate the canary and got some cream to top it off.

If I didn't have the fish and birds I would proabably have reptiles, just not snakes.,... I like them but Hubby doesn't.

What's the minimum size to have them in?

Thanks Baccus.
I'm slowly warming to the idea of snakes, I've always said no way before but I only want a young one who will be half tame. I've a friend whose a breeder. 148 reptiles in total ranging from frogs to snakes and chameleons. His house is mental as you can imagine.
He's not one of these breeders who breeds them as often as possible either, more for the hobby and experience than anything else and charges minimal. I am thinking about getting a hognose but I'm still nervous. The kids have been mad looking one for years.

I believe minimum tank space is 2x1x1ft Man Of Fish but that's with a normal leopard gecko, any gecko that climbs needs a much taller tank. Leopards are a lot more friendly than any other type IMO. The general rule is that if it climbs you cannot handle it.
You can use a fish tank for a gecko but its a risk of smashing your glass with the heat mat if you don't do it correctly.
I'd have a look about for a local breeder if I were you rather than a pet shop. Breeders will usually be able to tell you what morph it is and be a lot more helpful IME.

Ahh what about if the tanks acrylic? I have everything I need except food, proper deco, a heat mat, and a proper top.
The tank I have that I may use for some type of reptile is 10 gallon. It may be acrylic but it's not the best aquarium because the light fixture makes quite a bit of heat so lots of water evaporation. It would be a perfect reptile light on top of one of those mesh or metal or whatever those are lids.

Thanks Baccus.
I'm slowly warming to the idea of snakes, I've always said no way before but I only want a young one who will be half tame. I've a friend whose a breeder. 148 reptiles in total ranging from frogs to snakes and chameleons. His house is mental as you can imagine.
He's not one of these breeders who breeds them as often as possible either, more for the hobby and experience than anything else and charges minimal. I am thinking about getting a hognose but I'm still nervous. The kids have been mad looking one for years.

I believe minimum tank space is 2x1x1ft Man Of Fish but that's with a normal leopard gecko, any gecko that climbs needs a much taller tank. Leopards are a lot more friendly than any other type IMO. The general rule is that if it climbs you cannot handle it.
You can use a fish tank for a gecko but its a risk of smashing your glass with the heat mat if you don't do it correctly.
I'd have a look about for a local breeder if I were you rather than a pet shop. Breeders will usually be able to tell you what morph it is and be a lot more helpful IME.

Snakes are ace I have three and much prefer them to lizards, easier to keep as well in my opinion

the geckos looking lovely

Thanks Simon.

I don't think I'd be up for anything like your Annie. Way too much for me.

Boa's I'm not comfortable with. I don't like the way they wrap around but I know they do that to feel secure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back