Gay fish? Platys obsessed with each other

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Daniel Stephen

Reaction score
Hi,

I had some platy fry born about a year ago, and 2 males have been inseparable since.

They follow each other around the tank all day long. There is no violence, if anything the larger is protecting the smaller one.

We find it cute being a gay couple ourself.

I was wondering if this is a normal behaviour for young male platys (just over a year old actually).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though they are fish, they can have best friends too!! My cory group is pretty large, and I always see the same two knocking about together (the two biggest ones) I just think that they recognise each other, spent that much time together, eat, sleep and swim together that they've developed a mutual love for something in the tank and spend all their time together, it is cute that your platys are BFFs and yes, it is normal until a female gets in the way!!

I have two male platys that spend all of their time together too - chasing each other and hanging out. They don't seem to be aggressive towards each other but I never see them more than a couple of inches apart from each other.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back