Gars

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fighterfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know if it would be possible to keep spotted gars in a 6 foot long x 3foot wide x 3 foot high tank. Or any other gars? Also what tank mates can they have. Am i right in thinking that these are lower temperature fish like the ones at wildwoods. I know i need to do more research but this is part of my plan for my indoor pond. I don't think i will be able to heat the pond/tank as it will be away form the house. ALTHOUGH THE GREENHOUSE WILL BE INSULATED AND HEATED.
THANKS,
luke

i think a 6x3x3 might be pushing the limit as people normally go for a minimum 7x3x2. whether heating is needed or not depends on your enivornment. around 78f should be the temp of the water

you could keep a spotted/florida gar in that tank
although more lengh would be better 7ft or 8ft

Yeah the temp would probably be around 21 -23 celcius as it would be in the greenhouse which would be pretty warm. I'm not sure if i am going to go withgars now as they create alot of waste so filtration would be hard. As i am not heating it and going to have a waterfall i think i might go for a population of hillstream loaches or something similiar and some kind of barilius shoal.
Thanks,
Luke

Most reactions

Back