Galaxy/harlequin Rasboras

Thomas 2507

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Points
0
this is a pretty weird question but are galaxy rasboras what i would say to be 'mad' shoalers like danios where they just zoom about or are they peaceful shoalers like neon tetras where they just sort of float?

also, if i bought a selection of normal/copper/other varieties of harlequins they would shoal together, right?
 
this is a pretty weird question but are galaxy rasboras what i would say to be 'mad' shoalers like danios where they just zoom about or are they peaceful shoalers like neon tetras where they just sort of float?

also, if i bought a selection of normal/copper/other varieties of harlequins they would shoal together, right?

I have Harlequins and Zebras. They don't just sit in one place, but aren't quite as active as the Danios. So somewhere between the two leaning more to the Zebras.

I can't answer your second question.
 
Galaxies are very small compared to the others you mentioned that I know. They are like the harlequins in their shoaling style I would say. They are reputed to be sensitive. I have not mixed them with any other midswimmers and they only have a few small corys and two shrimp as mates. (But they are breeding, and I have a whole second shoal of juvies!. :) )
 
they are not an active shoaler and do spread out when theyr'e comfortable, they can also be very shy as well! :good:
 
Actually even though my Galaxies have -0- threats in thier tank they do stick to their group pretty much. Not always tight, but usually in the same section of the tank. They don't spread out like say most of the Tetras who mix it up pretty much. They do hide whenever I come to look in on them. LOL

I was told to be careful mixing them with other fish, so they could be an expensive lunch.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top