FUPLIE PHONES

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I still have issues with this bucket of crap mobile phone.

I need to find a new internet provider/ phone company because the one I am with is freakin useless and the phone and internet drop out all the time. It also has really slow speeds (0.5mbps download).

I look online and there is so much crap I have no idea what I am looking at and I don't understand a damn thing that is written there.

Can someone explain (in simple terms) what I am looking for and wtf it all means?

I'm from the US so things are probably different here. I would get either a Samsung or an iPhone. They are a bit more expensive but they tend to be a little faster.

I hate cell phones. People act like I’m shacked to it and eagerly await their text/call & will reply instantaneously. Thing is kept off except when I’m away from home.

We use Tello, a pay as you go or monthly subscription plan. Our Tello plan is currently $6 a month. Low end plan because of our limited use. Up until a few months ago, these minutes could be used on any phone. I picked up cheap used ones on eBay for as low as $10. Recently Tello required users to have a 4G phone & offered several or said use your own if it will work. Ours wouldn’t, so we bought their $90 Motorola.

They changed pay as you go minutes so that they expired. Before the change, we paid ~$2 a month for time on our $10 phone.

No idea if Tello is available where you are, but I’ve heard of competing plans everywhere

the IOS is user-friendly more userfriendly then android
if you are just looking for a way to text that's the way to go

Can someone explain (in simple terms) what I am looking for and wtf it all means?
Whilst I appreciate your attempts to help, so far nothing you have said has been useful in a lingo I can understand.

Whilst I appreciate your attempts to help, so far nothing you have said has been useful in a lingo I can understand.
basically
apple phones- overpriced but nice to use, easy to operate, think idk fluval stuff
android phones- better priced but a lot more technical, think like normal big name brands that have OK products that might need a little tweaking

"Smart" phones are the bane of society. Phones get smarter - everyone else gets dumber.

I can't remember the last time I saw a high school kid or young adult that wasn't looking at their smartphone. People are becoming social morons - communicating through texts, emojis and social media - but unable to carry on a face-to-face conversation.

History will show that smartphones and social media have a hugely negative impact on our societies.

Mine cost me $30 and I use it as sparingly as possible.

Hate 'em.

.5 mbps is extremely slow. Maybe you're too far away from a cellphone tower. Does service improve if you go to different locations / areas?

See if you can find an MVNO cellphone company. Tello (the company I use) is an MVNO but not sure they operate in Australia. They generally offer cheaper prices especially if you are a low volume user. Do a google search for MVNO in Australia to see if you can find one. Your phone needs to be checked for compatibility....you may need a new phone to change companies. Just call the company and give them your phone's MEID number (listed in settings of your phone) .

All about MVNOs.

If you can't find an MVNO, then go to a couple of cellphone wireless companies and compare prices. If you change companies, you may need to change phones but you can ask them if your present phone will work.

Hopefully when you find an apartment, they will have internet and wifi so you can get much better speed.

Most reactions

trending

Back