Fungus on silver dollar

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

A

AquaNut

My largest silver dollar developed a very sudden outbreak of some sort of fungus on one side of his body. It was the night before last that I first noticed the problem. It was, at first, a sort of lightening of patches on the one side. When I looked at it from different angles, it looked like the patch had been sort of rubbed away. By yesterday, the patches looked elevated and cottony. I'm treating the tank and he seems to be responding well; the patches are all noticably smaller today. He appears otherwise healthy. His gills and fins are all fine; his eyes are clear, he is swimming and eating. All the other fish in this tank are healthy. Any ideas about something to which silver dollars are particularly prone? Any special advice?

I've got no advice, but wondered how your silver dollar is doing? Mine have always been prone to fin rot and some have spots on their sides which look like the scales have been rubbed the wrong way, but I've not had any cottony growth. I hope he or she is better.

Hi,
My Silver Dollar has that disease right now to tell you the truth, it's fungus. I bought some meds at the LFS and 2 hours later, tonight, it's already working. As far as I know there is no disease they are "prone" to other than the norm.

As far as the spots, are they dark? Because if they are then your Silvers may be Rooseveltis, not red hooks or other. One of my 4 is A Roosevelti and has black spots on his sides and if the temp. of the water goes up too high he gets a large black spot on either side of his head area too, but it goes away once temp. is adjusted.

How is your Silver doing now?

Silver
:*

Most reactions

Back