Fungus Floating In Empty Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AlitaConejita

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have an "empty" 5 gallon tank. I took the ADFs out in December. At that time it had wiggly worn thingies in there due to my over-feeding the frogs. I had to go out of town and didn't empty the water out .... I still hasn't emptied the water out. (Insert excuses about busy life here).

I thought the wiggly worm things would die off, but when I went to finally clean out the tank about a week ago, I noticed there was a swarm of living worm thingies still in there. I posted about how to get rid of them and some of you sensibly said to pour out the water :p being squeamish, I didn't want to deal with living squirmy things and complained to my husband.

I didn't think he did anything, but today I looked in the tank and now there are white fuzzy things floating in the tank. The tank smells like vinegar and my husband confirmed that he poured a cup of vinegar in there last week.

What is this white stuff? How do I clean the tank? Is anything in there (silk plants, river stones, sponge filter) salvageable? Do I just throw the whole thing out?

take everything out, soak the decor and gravel in hot water.. then scrub the whole tank and allow the filter to dry out completely (if you are done with the tank and not going to use it anymore until way later on in time) 
all everything to be completely dry for a week and a bit and you'll have no issues.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back