• Fungus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jessie J.

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI everyone. I noticed just today that my betta has been hiding a lot lately, and that half of his body is whitish/several shades lighter than the rest of his body, and that his fins are thin and ragged-looking. All parameters are fine, and I was suspecting fin rot, but does anyone know what the white stuff is? I can probably post some pictures if they are needed but it'll have to be sometime tomorrow. Thank you.

A picture tells a thousand words and should be the first thing you post in a thread when asking for help identifying a disease. Then post water quality results (yes, we want numbers). Then post tank size, water change regime, anything new that has been added in the last 2 weeks. And any other information relevant to the fish. :)

The following link has some information about what to do if you fish every get sick. It is long and boring but worth knowing. I suggest printing it out and reading it in bed to help fall asleep.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

Next after the picture that tells a thousand words, it is the parameters that tell a hundred words.

Most reactions

Back