Fuji Finepix Any Good?

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
I need a new camera, mine is pretty useless, as anyone who sees my photoies will atest to.

So Im looking for a new one, Ive seen the Fuji Finepix S1000FD camera, £under 200, 10megapixels, 12x optical zoom. 5.7x digital zoom. 2.7ins LCD. 24Mb interrnal memory. XD/SD card expansion slot. Panorama shooting mode. Face detection with red-eye removal. Ultra-compact metal body. ISO 3200 sensitivity. Includes: 4x AA alkaline batteries, shoulder strap, lens cap, cord, AV/USB cables and CD-ROM.

I already have an SD card for my camera, so wont have that extra cost on top.

Is this any good or should I be looking for something else, must be under £200, basically I need something to take good piccies of my fishies oh and the occassional kids shot :lol:

same camera as mine mags :D gaz gun man told me to take the manual to bed ( how old does he think i am ;) ) and read it whenver i got the chance,, i havent really read it from cover to cover,its fair camera, but if you know hat your doing it could be great.

Well your pics come out great, so thats a plus for me, Im totally useless with camera, never seem to get the focus right or the lighting etc, so is it good to just point and snap, obviously I know I can zoom in and stuff, but what Im asking is, can a complete wally like myself get some decent shots with it :lol:

yeah you should be able to use it no problems, just leave it in auto mode and the camera will do most of the work for you.

If you feel like getting into it abit more, it has a few manual options you can play with aswell.

one thing I will say is though, ignore the digital zoom, and if you have the option, turn it off.

The more you zoom with digital the more the image quality degrades

i find fuji cameras (current cam is a s5700) is fine out doors or indoors with good lighting but anything else looks grainy. Been looking at another cannon powershot or 350D.

At the end of the day its down to personal choice tis worth a trip to the shops to have a play with the cameras to see if suits you. Then go and find it cheaper online.

Ok shall go ahead and order it then, I blame you all if my pics are still carp :lol:

yeah you should be able to use it no problems, just leave it in auto mode and the camera will do most of the work for you.

If you feel like getting into it abit more, it has a few manual options you can play with aswell.

one thing I will say is though, ignore the digital zoom, and if you have the option, turn it off.

The more you zoom with digital the more the image quality degrades

So I just use the optical zoom then? Never used the digital zoom on my camera currently as yes, the image is useless (well more than usual) with it.

forgot to add that i got mine from currys digital ,then came home and found it for a tenner less online at Dixons, think i paid £129+ SD card and case

Well having the cash would be nice, however, I dont have any, so Im ordering (and paying thru the nose) from the catalogue company I use, that way I can pay it monthly like everything else I own in the world :lol: So just a wee bit more.

fair enough :)
i take mine to the beach a lot and practice, i took this one the last time, its my first proper shot that i felt iwas "getting there" with , even the big man said the horizon was straight`ish :lol:

005-14.jpg

i find fuji cameras (current cam is a s5700) is fine out doors or indoors with good lighting but anything else looks grainy. Been looking at another cannon powershot or 350D.

At the end of the day its down to personal choice tis worth a trip to the shops to have a play with the cameras to see if suits you. Then go and find it cheaper online.

compact/bridge camera's will always suffer noise with increased megapixels, which is why its important not to get into the megapixel race.

Yes minx, just the optical zoom :)

Please explain how you are responsible for the level of the horizon :lol:

i take mine to the beach a lot and practice, i took this one the last time, its my first proper shot that i felt iwas "getting there" with , even the big man said the horizon was straight`ish :lol:

005-14.jpg

Please explain how you are responsible for the level of the horizon :lol: Nice pic btw.

005-14.jpg

i think the way the horizon is, draws your eye across the picture. i quite like it. It is, almost perfectly composed ( rule of thirds) has the posts providing perspective. pulse the slight angle on the horizon all in all, by the book. nice one shelag

Most reactions

Back