Fry -------------make It Stop Make It Stop

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

samxx

Fishaholic
Reaction score
no but really how do i make it stop
i have fry who are having babies must have about 30 fish who are going to have fry help
should i get a betta

no but really how do i make it stop
i have fry who are having babies must have about 30 fish who are going to have fry help
should i get a betta

lower the temp in your tank. The warmer the water, the best possible chance of breeding. However, dont drop it too low because you will end up sending the fish in to shock. Look into the LB's that you have and the minimum temp that they prefer and drop the temp to a degree or 2 above. However, if your going from say 28 to 22, do it slowly, dont just drop it all in one go otherwise you will end up utilizing all those fry to restock your tank !

depending on the tanksize etc
you could get some fish like danios or tetras tha would eat the fry as they appear.
other than that sererate the males and females

other than that sererate the males and females

This is a good thought, but I just want to add it won't stop the fry production right away. Females can store sperm for up to 7 more pregnancies. So it will eventually stop, provided you seperate any fry from them that have the potential to become males. :)

its up to you if you want to kill them with a betta.
i would leave them a couple more weeks and see what happens.
if they do have there fry i would sugest you get a betta or elce your going to be over run with them and the same thing is going to repete all the time
good luck
black molly

i have a feeling i'll be in the same situation in a couple of weeks... just had my first mollie fry and they werent eaten (they're in a breeding net now, boyfriends decision...). i dont want fry at all as i have no where for them to go once they grow up. im desperate for a betta but i have a community tank, fish in my signature, so i was thinking of getting one, then it could eat the fry.
problem is i have glowlight tetras and i know they're nippy, but ive never seen them interact with any other fish so what does everyone think? is it cruel to breed just to be a tasty meal for other fish?

im in cheshire so a bit far away... my fry will prob end up in the buy/sell section... yet to discuss that with my boyfriend (lol its my tank until something exciting happens then its 'our' tank!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back