Frog drinking beer?

fishfight

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I picked up my african clawed albino about 2 months ago and it has remained the same size. I've actually posted about this before on this website, it hasn't grown. Just today, there was no growth in length, just a strange POT BELLY has appeared. It doesn't protrude, it just looks like his, or her bottom half got alot bigger across. Is this a normal part of the growth process, or has the frog eaten my ghost shrimp???? I can't seem to find him, but he may be hiding under the plants(the shrimp I mean). :dunno:

Hi fishfight :)

What are you feeding your frog? Perhaps he isn't getting enough food to grow bigger.

They do tend to get big bellies when they eat, so if you are missing a shrimp, that's probably where he is. :/ Of course, if your frog is still tiny, your shrimp might have died of natural causes before the frog ate him.

How big is he anyway? :unsure:

My frog is probably around 2 inches. He appears to not have grown in the last 2 months, although it's tough to say. I see other Albino clawed frogs with large bottoms, but this occured in a matter of hours. I feed him fish flakes, the same I feed my tetras. he always eats, even if he knocks around a tetra or two. I noticed he has been hiding in a decoration for the day if that means anything. Usually he's out in the open. Still no sign of the shrimp, but the shrimp is usually lively, and is too fast for the frog. Also, the shrimp is about the same size...

Hi fishfight :)

I suspect that your frog is not getting enough food. They are very big eaters and flakes are just not going to be enough.

Why not try giving him some live or frozen worms? They have the protien he needs to grow. Once his mouth is big enough, he can also have the kind of worms you would use for fishing. Shrimp pellets are good, but not as nutritious as the more meaty foods.

Don't forget that as soon as he is big enough he is going to eat your tetras, so you will want to give some thought to moving him into a tank by himself. Then you can give him feeder fish too, if you like. :D

Most reactions

Back