FRESHWATER WHITECHEEK MORAY EEL

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JPARKx89

Reaction score
HI..i have a freshwater whitecheek moray eel that is about 13-14 inches long. i just got it a few weeks ago so i dont know what to feed it. the guy at the fish store told me to feed it feeder fish. but my eel wont seem to eat them. and the guy gave me some feeder ghost shrimp. my eel eats those..but only those..im confused..do eels eat fish WHOLE? or do they take bites and leave peices of them left? are shrimp a good diet for my eel? THANK YOU

White cheeked Morays, Echidna rhodochilus, are not freshwater fish, like other so called freshwater moray species they only enter freshwater to spawn and spend the rest of their adult lives in brackish or marine waters, i have a 13" white cheeked moray in my large brackish tank which has a SG of 1.010.
They are primarilly crustacean eaters that hunt down shrimps and small crabs around the rocky areas they live in but they will also take small fish if they are able to catch them, mine gets a diet of live and frozen shrimp, white bait and cockles.

For more information on keeping a brackish aquarium read this article http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42435

JPARKx89 said:
HI..i have a freshwater whitecheek moray eel that is about 13-14 inches long. i just got it a few weeks ago so i dont know what to feed it. the guy at the fish store told me to feed it feeder fish. but my eel wont seem to eat them.
Another shining example of always taking what your LFS says with a pinch of salt... then add that salt to your aquarium!

Most reactions

Back