Fresh Molly Fry Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

misterpro

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I've been raising 4 molly fry I found on 11 december, and sofar they have grown into roughly the size of a big'ish neon (but higher & fatter obviously).

Half an hour ago I found the tank swarming with littly molly fry...
Mommy has given birth again obviously, and I wasn't expecting this as she has been the only molly in that tank for near on 3 months.
The first 4 were a surpsise already, but I surely wasn't expecting this new "litter" of 27
saddam.gif

I rounded up the new fry and put them in the breeder box with the 4 "old" ones. I feel very safe that the 4 "oldies" won't eat the new ones, but I'm wondering if the new ones will get any of the food because the 5week+ old ones are starting to "fight" for food a bit (they get enough because I overfeed them, but they chase of their brothers/sisters and want to munch up all the food themselves. I'm worried they'll scare the little ones off completely and they'll starve.

Anybody has some experience with this? Will they be fine?

*edit* As an alternative would it be OK to put the "old" ones in the main tank? It houses neons, some rummynose's, a small'ish pleco (<4") & mommy molly

Thanks.

Btw, count is up to 32 now and even the "wonky" babies (some adults tried to eat some) are swimming around perfeclty fine in the breeder box now.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back