Free Gift

laurasmithuk

Fish Addict
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
834
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
southampton uk
:D hi all, purchased some siorys today and the lfs must have accidently given me a lamp eye.

he seems to have a bent spine, will he be ok?
 
No, remove him from the tank now, seen this happen to another member lfs palming sick fish onto fish keepers, it could be a birth defect but we won't know, or it has fish tb.
 
I never said kill him, though not good, if he has tb you will infect the whole tank, so if you have no quarantine tank, do you want to take the risk.

http://www.4qd.org/Aqua/disease/tb.html
 
Bent spine only means two things birth defect, or fish tb, are there any other symtoms on the fish, read that link.
 
Does the fish show any other symptoms like lack of appetite, fin damage, breathing problems, loss of color, etc...? How is the spine bent? Is it bent to one side? Or is it where the spine is almost doubling on itself?
I had a golden wonder killie that the LFS gave to me that had the later type of deformity. It wasn't a disease but rather a birth defect. The fish lived for a year and a half and I think he had a pretty good life considering everything....

Can you post a pic?

:)
 
I had a fish with a bent spine and his spine just got worse and he grew. He acted fine and ate fine, but had a short lifespan.

random: is your tank planted? you have a good amount of fish for a 24g. I'm also thinking of adding 2 rams 2 my 20g.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top