Fred's 5.5 Gallon Cube Journal

RadaR

The things we do for our fish..
Reaction score
It's finally set up. Ive had this empty tank staring at me for ages now (i was one of the first people to recieve their cube from PFK).

Tank: 12x12x12" cube
Filtration: Supafish Aqua-Flow Mini (300l/h) (thinking about upgrading with a small external like the one Gill has bought for his cube)
Lighting: 2x11W compact t5
Temperature: 25 degrees C
Substrate: Black sand (approx 7kg) ontop of TetraPlant Complete Substrate - 2.8kg
CO2: DIY yeast with Hagen ladder
Fertiliser: Tropica Plant Nutrition 1ml a day
Plants: Tropica Eleocharis acicularis, Tropica Rotala rotundifolia, Tropica Rotala sp. ''Green'', Tropica Rotala sp. ''Nanjenshan'' (''Mayaca sellowiana'')
Decor: Mopani wood (a nice find)
Fish: 6 Galaxy Rasbora, theyre so nice. One of the best fish ive kept. Full of character.

On with the pictures,

Fishcube2edit.jpg

Fishcube3edit.jpg

Fishcube4edit.jpg

Fishcube7edit.jpg

Fishcube8edit.jpg

Fishcube9edit.jpg

Fishcube11edit.jpg

Fishcube13edit.jpg

Fishcube14edit.jpg

This helped alot

Fishcube16edit.jpg

Thanks for looking. I will probably take more pictures in a weeks time :good:
Will I need to supplement the tank with nitrate and phosphate? If so, how much?

Comments, constructive criticism welcome.

Looks great :hyper: . Similar to mine lighting (except I'm using arcpods) and co2 wise, I'm trying my best not to rush mine at the moment, these pictures aren't helping :rolleyes: . I'm going to be using Eleocharis acicularis in mine too, I'll probably have to get some tropica stuff though (when i get the money), because my plants alive stuff was rubbish :grr: .

Cant wait to see how yours turns out!

Excellent start (wish I had subscribed to PFK in time). Maybe you should think about taking out all the gubbings next time you post a pic, they distract from the overall scene. I look foreward to it maturing.

Looks great . Similar to mine lighting (except I'm using arcpods) and co2 wise, I'm trying my best not to rush mine at the moment, these pictures aren't helping . I'm going to be using Eleocharis acicularis in mine too, I'll probably have to get some tropica stuff though (when i get the money), because my plants alive stuff was rubbish .

Cant wait to see how yours turns out!
Thanks for the kind words. Lol sorry Im edging you on to do yours quicker.

Excellent start (wish I had subscribed to PFK in time). Maybe you should think about taking out all the gubbings next time you post a pic, they distract from the overall scene. I look foreward to it maturing.

Thanks alot. Will definetly consider taking out the gubbings when i next take pictures.
I too am looking forward to it maturing :nod:

£6! Still?! The shop i work in has been selling them for £3 since they first got them in :rolleyes: .

Nice tank there, will look even better when its grown out a bit, ive just been planting up my cube some more today with some crypts and stuff, will get some photos eventually.

Yeah I think it is a good start. I wish to see update soon. Can't wait to see how it turns up later... :)

Good job!

Looks awesome !

What kind of hairgrass is that ?

I know you can get small hairgrass but i cant find it anywhere !

I wanted to use it as a foreground plant in my 260 litre

Do u think i could just use normal hairgrass and just trim it alot lol ?

Maybe i should have asked that in a few weeks time once its had a chance to grow but oh well lol !

I WANT A PFK CUBE !

Looks really really cool tho man !

Richie

Thanks Richie :good:
The Hairgrass is Eleocharis acicularis. Here's a link to where i bought mine from (2 pots of the stuff).

Thanks for the link Radar very grateful !

And ...

Thanks Daz ill look into getting one maybe !

hopefully not to much money :S

Richie

And ...

Richie

They are about £50 delivered. Include light and filter so not a bad deal. My LFS sell the tank only for £40 and charge extra for everything else.

And ...

Richie

They are about £50 delivered. Include light and filter so not a bad deal. My LFS sell the tank only for £40 and charge extra for everything else.

Wow dude thanks for all that info man ! :D

50 quid im getting one lol jus gonna find the seller now lol ! :D

Could someone ID that species of hairgrass for me please it says it grows to like 14 inch tall man ! <a href="

Heres the link !

Scroll down the page a bit and you will find it :D

Thanks soo much guys your all great help !

Richie

Most reactions

Back