For a 2 gallon aquarium how much pimafix and betta fix do I use for my betta fish? Reccomend 5ml

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Molina Starr

Reaction score
How much do I use for a 2 gallon tank do I take out the filter also ? And I used less then a 1/4 teaspoon and I only put 2 drops of bettafix in the 2 gallon tank scared of overdosing my betta fish ??

How much do I use for a 2 gallon tank do I take out the filter also ? And I used less then a 1/4 teaspoon and I only put 2 drops of bettafix in the 2 gallon tank scared of overdosing my betta fish ??

The instructions for dosage should be at the back of the bottle. If you think you have added to much then perform a water change. Best of luck.

The instructions for dosage should be at the back of the bottle. If you think you have added to much then perform a water change. Best of luck.
Thank you but it says 5ml for a 10 gallon aquarium and I have a 2 gallon aquarium

This seems more like a math question
5/10=x/2
After u solve you will get x = 1
This means that you should use 1 mL for your 2 gallon tank

This seems more like a math question
5/10=x/2
After u solve you will get x = 1
This means that you should use 1 mL for your 2 gallon tank
Thank you very much for the equation of math I never thought of that I'm new to the hobby this is the first time my betta got sick on me :(

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What fish are you treating?
Why are you treating the fish, what is wrong with it?
If you can post a picture of the fish it can help us identify the issue.

You never use medications unless you know what is wrong with the fish.
You always use a filter and increase aeration when using medications.
Melafix, Pimafix & Betafix can leave an oily film on the surface of the water, which can cause fish to suffocate. Make sure there is some surface turbulence to prevent this from happening.

Most fish health issues are caused by poor water quality and doing a 75% water change and gravel cleaning the substrate each day for a week or more will fix most problems.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

The following link has information about what to do if your fish gets sick. It's pretty long and boring but worth knowing. I recommend printing it out and reading it in bed to help fall asleep.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/#post-3804819

My betta fish has a fungal infection he has a white body and has not been eating very much he usually eats everything 3 bloodworms and every other day he eats his food but his body looks pretty patchy white and I don't have gravel in his aquarium right now because I'm cleaning out his aquarium and put him in a hospital type aquarium for now as I did a bunch of research and reading over the past few days and I ordered the recommended medication and I was just trying to figure out what dose amounts for each medication

For each medication as it has been over a week since this break out happened and I did the recommended salt dips but that didn't shake it off at all so I've been struggling

Not doing well at all I have been giving him the recommended dosage and know he is not swimming around much anymore he is just lying around the bottom he is super sick still his white patches are clearing up but he just doesn't want to swim around or even eat

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back