Football 2009/10 Season Talk

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Liverpool/Anfield security plan to search Utd fans for beach balls at this sundays game especially as the Liverpool Club shop sold out of them this week!!! Haha, what a comedy!!!

Thought there might aswell be a thread for all this seasons talk like last year ;)

Well Birmingham certainley scared me a couple of times throughout the match! Not a bad performance from Man U but it needs to be better. This is how we won last season though, just 1-0 and 2-0 wins.

I hope Man City struggle, not because i am a Man U fan, but come on, £200m in the last 12 months is rediculous, there should be a spending limit IMO, it would make it more exciting and more tactical.
hi mate, the double standards of football fans never ceases to amaze me, for i utd fan to complain about another teams spending power.
as a spurs fan ive had to watch as any geniune world class player we sign is poached by the uniteds and chelseas of the world.
your boys r just gettin bit of ur own medicine. not tryin to be rude but its the truth

Liverpool lose again :D and Chelsea...Arsenal have a game in hand and will be a point off top if they win :)
absolute farce of a goal but that is no excuse.

Look at the Sunderland and Liverpool teams that played and you can clearly see that Sunderland had the better team on paper. Not good at all!

Thought there might aswell be a thread for all this seasons talk like last year ;)

Well Birmingham certainley scared me a couple of times throughout the match! Not a bad performance from Man U but it needs to be better. This is how we won last season though, just 1-0 and 2-0 wins.

I hope Man City struggle, not because i am a Man U fan, but come on, £200m in the last 12 months is rediculous, there should be a spending limit IMO, it would make it more exciting and more tactical.
hi mate, the double standards of football fans never ceases to amaze me, for i utd fan to complain about another teams spending power.
as a spurs fan ive had to watch as any geniune world class player we sign is poached by the uniteds and chelseas of the world.
your boys r just gettin bit of ur own medicine. not tryin to be rude but its the truth

I'd pay SAF to give Berbatov back to you lol. I know what you are saying, but a spending cap for all teams would be better IMO. We have never spent that much money though.

I'd pay SAF to give Berbatov back to you lol. I know what you are saying, but a spending cap for all teams would be better IMO. We have never spent that much money though.

errm

£30m Veron
£30m Ferdinand
£30m Rooney
£30m Berbatov

.....no, you've never spent "that much money"!

errm

£30m Veron
£30m Ferdinand
£30m Rooney
£30m Berbatov

.....no, you've never spent "that much money"!

spread out over how long though?

£30m Veron 2001
£30m Ferdinand 2002
£30m Rooney 2004
£30m Berbatov 2008

And that is still only just over half of what Man city spent in 12 months. that is the point i am trying to make.

Give Berba back?!?!?!?!? Only in the last couple of weeks has he started to replicate the form he showed at Spurs, have faith!! Berba will be the man!!

Give Berba back?!?!?!?!? Only in the last couple of weeks has he started to replicate the form he showed at Spurs, have faith!! Berba will be the man!!

he has had more than enough time to settle in though, we'll see how it goes this season though...

So many fans labelling him a flop, there was never any chance of him replicating Spurs form where the team was based around him, at United, where the team was based around Ronaldo. If he doesnt perform this season then I too will admit he's flopped, but I have been encouraged by the signs since his performance at Wolfsburg.

Will be funny to see Livrpool lose again tomorrow...im telling you now its Karma..the Liverpool fans talk so much about the past and think they are still fantastic! they seem to think Benitez is a good manager to lol! (when he won the cl with Houlliers team!)

Honestly less talk about the past...and more about your current side and you might stop getting bitten :D

Terrible performance and abysmal result for United...credit to Liverpool, fully deserved their win.

Will be funny to see Livrpool lose again tomorrow...im telling you now its Karma..the Liverpool fans talk so much about the past and think they are still fantastic! they seem to think Benitez is a good manager to lol! (when he won the cl with Houlliers team!)

Honestly less talk about the past...and more about your current side and you might stop getting bitten :D

Sorry, what was that?

Nice to see Arsenal capitulate though.

Terrible performance and abysmal result for United...credit to Liverpool, fully deserved their win.

Nice one, I'm a bit surprised that many manyoo fans and Sir Alex have said this, as a Liverpool fan I thought it was too close for comfort and we did have the luck with decisions that we don't normally get against manyoo.

Vidic had to go and had Torres fallen down instead of shooting, then Ferdinand would have gone too. Mascherano had to go too, it wasn't malicious but if you go for a tackle like that you have to get it, still he only misses the mickey mouse cup game against Arsenal that he probably wouldn't have played in anyway ;)

I'm not certain Judas would have got a goal scoring opportunity, he was running across the box and away from goal, by the time he'd turned on goal I think he'd have been too far out/wide and would have been caught by Johnson, that said, I wouldn't have had much of a complaint had the red been shown.

On the plus side a pair of £30m strikers and a Judas couldn't do what a beach ball did last week ;)

It's nice to see the opinion of an Arsenal supporter telling us how bad our manager is too, bearing in mind since Benitez arrived in England Arsenal have won the square root of naff all with their settled team and wonderful youth system. Benitez has at least won a CL and FA Cup (and 2 other finals to boot) while rebuilding an entire first team, a squad and a youth system that is considerably better than the one 5 years ago. Meanwhile Arsenal have gone from winning the league or being runners up to scraping 4th place last season. In fact contrary to popular belief Arsenal have only finished above Liverpool twice in the 5 years he's been there, makes you wonder, if he's so bad where does that leave Mr Wenger? Cleaning the dust in the Arsenal trophy cabinet?

Arfie

It's not often that you get to enjoy a game that you lost, but the Arsenal vs Liverpool game was a good game.

Some Liverpool players played really well, others were very poor.

No arguments with Arsenal winning, they played the better football and despite my previous post I would actually be happy if they won the cup by fielding the kids all the way.

Arfie

Yeh our kids always pull out the shocks :p

Have yo useen the final four tho?

Arsenal
Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd

You can guarantee Chelsea and City will play full strength sides so i don't think we have much of a chance.

I'm disappointed with our draw against West ham...but we still only a point off the top if we win again....in the previous page people were saying how bad we were lol! ...kinda shows how blind and biased supporters can be.

I'm obsessed with my team but i'm not crazy enough to say we are better than Utd or Chelsea.....we are definitley better than Liverpool and City tho...the last 20+ years has proven that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back