Football 2009/10 Season Talk

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

aaronnorth

www.ukaps.org
Reaction score
Thought there might aswell be a thread for all this seasons talk like last year ;)

Well Birmingham certainley scared me a couple of times throughout the match! Not a bad performance from Man U but it needs to be better. This is how we won last season though, just 1-0 and 2-0 wins.

I hope Man City struggle, not because i am a Man U fan, but come on, £200m in the last 12 months is rediculous, there should be a spending limit IMO, it would make it more exciting and more tactical.

I am a wigan fan, And think we played excellent agains aston villa to say we lost some pretty big names from the squad, heskey, valencia, palacios and cattermole.

didnt think valencia played that good for man u today thoe, avarage performance, maybe the weight on his shoulders to be ronaldos replacement is too much for him.

I am a wigan fan, And think we played excellent agains aston villa to say we lost some pretty big names from the squad, heskey, valencia, palacios and cattermole.

didnt think valencia played that good for man u today thoe, avarage performance, maybe the weight on his shoulders to be ronaldos replacement is too much for him.

I agree, but he looks promising :good:

Awesome start to the 09/10 season. Arsenal have laid down their intentions, what a win, and not a goal from a striker!! A real threat, the only team that can lead the prem from the start and not look back, but still serious doubts whether they have the 'stomach' if there is a fight. The league already seems between ManU, Chelski and Arsenil and obv Pool, City will be there and therabouts

MC spending is not a new phenomenon, for years money has talked in footy...how many times has SAF broken the english transfer record for defenders? midfielders and strikers? Countless times...Remember Chelski, Blackburn even, Sunderland...Footy works in cycles, it was only the 90s that Italy was bankrolled by private companies and spending ridiculous amounts on players...now its Real Madrid and City doing it

Anyway a very encouraging beginning, let's hope for a competitive league season and a higher technical quality from the epl

I cant see beyond Chelsea or Man U for the title (sadly!). Settled squads with plenty of depth.

I had high hopes for Liverpool (my team) but seems like losing Alonso will hurt more than I thought.

Looking good for Spurs and Man City. These two WILL challenge the 'big four', especially City who have no European worries.

Portsmouth haven't got a chance, they'll be dead and buried by January.

remember to keep this thread bookmarked for the end of the season when you can all mock me for how wrong I was!

arsenal will not will the premiership, mark my words, they do not have the strikeforce and the strength in depth that united and chelsea have. As soon as they get a couple of injuries they will be looking over their shoulder waiting for city and villa to catch up. Plus, they are not strong enough to beat the top teams like united and chelsea.

doesn't look like a direct replacement though. Seems he and Nani have been told to get down the wings and cross for Rooney and Berbatov to get the goals instead.

arsenal will not will the premiership, ........ As soon as they get a couple of injuries they will be looking over their shoulder waiting for city and villa to catch up.

have to disagree with you on Villa. They'll be lucky to stay in the top 8 this season. Lost a defensive rock in Laursen and have failed to replace him. Also losing your captain cant help much.

I cant belive the state of football nowadays, did anyone see the crystal palace goal against bristol, well they scored and it was over the line, but the ref didnt give it. its disgraceful that there is no technology in place to determin a foul or goal, as in rugby and cricket, its not exactly like theres no money to do it!
simon jordan the chairman of crystal palace was talking this morning about how many bristol players and managwers/staff who obviously knew it was a goal and didnt put their hands up and say, fair-enough it went in.

tbh im pretty fed up with the prem aswell atm, they blow up every 2 minutes for pity fouls, players dive, wrong decisions are made and the players are payed 99% more than they should be, what the hell would anyone do with 200,000 a week? its just ridiculous

im turning to the good old blue square prem where my local team kidderminster harriers play. quality blokes you can see in the local tesco express, talk to and actually watch a decent game!

i hate the premierleague, and uefa

The top 4 is definetly changing, by the end f the year I think it'll be;

1. Man U [wooooooooooo]
2. Chelski
3. Liverpoooooool
4. Man City

That was a disgrace Adam, i couldnt imagine the frustation everyone was going through! I bet the ref felt like a right pillac :lol:

I still think Arsenal will be above Man City.

The top 4 is definetly changing, by the end f the year I think it'll be;

1. Man U [wooooooooooo]
2. Chelski
3. Liverpoooooool
4. Man City

not really changing much then? ;)

I cant belive the state of football nowadays, did anyone see the crystal palace goal against bristol

terrible terrible decision. Not quite as bad as last years 'goal' that was given after it went 2 yards wide! (cant remember the teams involved though).

Arsenal are far stronger than Man City don't be fooled.

I'm not sure how anybody can diss a team that looks liek this...

------------Almunia--------------
Sagna--Gallas--Vermaelen---Clichy
------------Denilson--------------
------Fabregas----Nasri----------
Arshavin----Eduardo----Van Persie

Subs
Fabianski or Mannone
Djourou or Senderos
Sylvestre or Gibbs or Eboue
Diaby or Ramsey
Song or Wilshire
Rosicky or Vela
Bendtner or Walcott

Any one of those starting XI players could walk into Barcelona or Man Utd or any club in europe and start every single game...except maybe Denilson and Almunia.....who are still pretty ###### good players.

Wenger has sold dead wood like Adebayor and Toure to city....they are deffo no loss to the team, he replaced Toure with a much better defender in Vermaelen.

All he needs to do is buy a midfielder of Flamini or Toulalan stature a back up defender like Hangland and maybe a rotation striker like Huntelaar or Chamakh.

Then flog on every whiny little lazy African in the club like Eboue (think thats all that is left) and maybe sign Vieria on a free transfer.

We have around £100m available after not spending and doing lots of business...everything looks bright....we can achieve top 3 IMO as teams like Liverpool despite one good season lack the class that we possess.....we removed the idiots and have players back from injury.

You forget that we were missing Eduardo,Rosicky,Walcott,Adebayor,Van Persie,Fabregas,Toure,Eboue for most of last season...we had a short squad due to bad luck....now the important ones are back we look loaded.

If he does this..

Out=
Senderos to Everton £6m
Eboue to Fiorintina £10m
on top of the £40 m we got for our worst 2 players last year = £60m + £50m funds we have available - vermaelen = £100m spare for players

In=
Chamakh = £7m (Van Persie back up)
Vieira = free
Matiudi = £4m
Hangelaand = £10m

= £22m out of £100m = £78m profits and a muchhhh stronger side overall.

+ Eduardo,Walcott (2 forwards we never had last season) and Rosicky who is class.

Just remember how good we were the season before last when we dominated the premiership undefeated for the first 9 months and only finished 3 points off the champions.

Discount us at your peril :)

Most reactions

Back