Food for fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

subopposite

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How do you know how much food you should be giving your fish? I know some people say a pinch of food and so on. Well, a pinch for me could be a little flake to about 50 flakes.
Right now, I have 3 blue red gouramis, 2 guppies and one other smaller gourami that is pretty much all white. So, six fish in all, 3 small and 3 dwarf gouramis, which are also small but twice the size of the other fish.
Currently, I pick out 2 good size unbroken flakes and feed them that 2-3 times a day. Is that overfeeding? Some does go to the floor of the aquarium, but not much and I think the guppies go to the floor and clean up most of it after the food is gone on the surface.
I know there is the theory of whatever they can eat in 5 minutes and I think the 2 flakes seem to be that amount. I feed them Tropical flakes every day. Will begin to skip feeding them one day a week starting this Sunday. I just started my tank 2 weeks ago coming this weekend. It is a 46 bowed tank. It is also my first try on getting fish.
I guess I could have overstocked a little for starting up, but 3 of them are only and inch long and the others are about 2 inches. I just added 2 of them 2 days ago too. They are all in good health currently. Thanks for any info I can get.
Lastly, if I clean, then fill up gallon milk jugs with tap water and put them outside will all of the chlorine and chloromine(sp?) be gone in 48 hours?

when feeding it is a good idea to put in as much food as your fish will polish off in 2-3 minutes. this will not constitute over feeding and the fish will have enough nutrients to grow happy and healthy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back