Fluval Skaker 252 [66.5Gallons]

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well i've gone mad again my lovelies :rofl: My Roma 200 litres is only 11mths old and that will have to go soon. :whistle:

Nearly 5weeks ago purchased the new Fluval shaker 252 with heater and Fluval 307 canister and i brought a Fluval U4 internal Filter as back up, i removed the old filtration from my U4 and transferred it to the new one, altered a few thing in the canister by adding biorb media and bio rings and the media was all soaked for a good hour in my Roma water before set up. Cycled it with 6 guppies still alive and doing well and water changes daily when ammonia and nitrite was in plus water being added from my Roma and it finished cycling Saturday on the 4th week.

Weeks reading of cycling.
1st week - Ph 7.8, Ammonia 0.25, nitrite 0.15 and nitrate 30
2nd week - Ammonia 0.50, nitrite 0.20 and nitrate 8
3rd week - Ammonia 0.20, nitrite 10 and nitrate 20
4th week - Ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 20

https://fluvalaquatics.com/uk/shaker/

Attachments

• Fluval Shaker 252 {66.5 gallons} (2).jpg
    Fluval Shaker 252 {66.5 gallons} (2).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 4,882
  • 185846-19e79494237caa20ff875036f8201323.jpg
    185846-19e79494237caa20ff875036f8201323.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 185844-1f59dcb163a2c8c78eebf6f554fdbce3.jpg
    185844-1f59dcb163a2c8c78eebf6f554fdbce3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 216
Very Fancy! What other fish are you going to add?
Why does the Roma have to go??

Very Fancy! What other fish are you going to add?
Why does the Roma have to go??
Hi Naughts sorry for being late replying. I have more harlequins to go over and 20 cories, 7 albinos, 6 emmerald, 4 Sterbai, 2 panda and 1 bronze.

In the new tank i have 9 harlequins and 2 beautiful Panaqulos gnomus sp (L397) catfish and one young Bristlenose pleco.

The Roma 200 as got to go as i have no spare room for it, at the moment it's by the shaker and the roma was where the shaker is.

Hi Naughts sorry for being late replying. I have more harlequins to go over and 20 cories, 7 albinos, 6 emmerald, 4 Sterbai, 2 panda and 1 bronze.

In the new tank i have 9 harlequins and 2 beautiful Panaqulos gnomus sp (L397) catfish and one young Bristlenose pleco.

The Roma 200 as got to go as i have no spare room for it, at the moment it's by the shaker and the roma was where the shaker is.
Nice, a big group of harlequins will look awesome. I love cories, i have 14 (trilineatus and sterbai) in a planted tank and am constantly trying, and failing, to count them to make sure they're all there.
I think you should swap out a piece of furniture for the Roma. Who needs a sofa anyway?! ;)

Nice, a big group of harlequins will look awesome. I love cories, i have 14 (trilineatus and sterbai) in a planted tank and am constantly trying, and failing, to count them to make sure they're all there.
I think you should swap out a piece of furniture for the Roma. Who needs a sofa anyway?! ;)
I love how harlequins sequence swim it makes me laugh ;) your trilineatus are gorgeous but my Sterbai seem to love being with my emeralds up the back end.
Are you failing with the breeding? as my cories love the oxygen and pressure going in my Roma and i had 4 adult peppers who gave off 8 young and i took the adults and young to our local store as he's got a massive quarantine bay plus they breed daily :rolleyes: and send the tank in up roar :rofl: here's the loonies.

Best part me and hubby have our own chairs, we got the sofa for the family to sit before the covid lark hit we.

Yes, failing with breeding. Plenty of spawning most days but the rummy nose tetra eat the eggs, sometimes they take them out of the cories fins!
I have pygmies in another tank. @AdoraBelle Dearheart inspired me to set up a pygmy cory species tank to establish a breeding colony, which I did but now I can't catch the cories and I don't want to take the community tank to bits just to catch them. I looked to buy some more in the hope that they would be mature but my favourite shop hasn't got any 🙁

Your albinos are impressive, very white and stocky (and lively lol 😅) 😁

Yes, failing with breeding. Plenty of spawning most days but the rummy nose tetra eat the eggs, sometimes they take them out of the cories fins!
I have pygmies in another tank. @AdoraBelle Dearheart inspired me to set up a pygmy cory species tank to establish a breeding colony, which I did but now I can't catch the cories and I don't want to take the community tank to bits just to catch them. I looked to buy some more in the hope that they would be mature but my favourite shop hasn't got any 🙁

Your albinos are impressive, very white and stocky (and lively lol 😅) 😁
It's a shame they're eating the eggs, since i added a couple of pleco's in the roma ages ago the cory's must have clocked it and my U2 was their laying spot, now they scatter the eggs into the gravel plus if they eat them it's to keep their population to a correct level.
Pygmies are lovely and i'm no good with catching my fish but fine with my cories they sit still, i've moved a few things out that tank to open it up more to get them used to it and also me to catch them, if your like me you need a cuppa in between as it stresses me never mind the fish.

Well my husband said they was a right size and my peppers was even bigger but my Bronze male breeds with them. I've just lost 2 young pandas with the heat wave.

My other young plecostomus suckerfish eating courgette in my new tank but he can grow to 21" but will be removed when he's a bit longer.

Shame about the pandas, my daughter had 6 WCMM that were less than a year old and 4 of them have gone, I can't think why unless it was the heat?

Well i've gone mad again my lovelies :rofl: My Roma 200 litres is only 11mths old and that will have to go soon. :whistle:

Nearly 5weeks ago purchased the new Fluval shaker 252 with heater and Fluval 307 canister and i brought a Fluval U4 internal Filter as back up, i removed the old filtration from my U4 and transferred it to the new one, altered a few thing in the canister by adding biorb media and bio rings and the media was all soaked for a good hour in my Roma water before set up. Cycled it with 6 guppies still alive and doing well and water changes daily when ammonia and nitrite was in plus water being added from my Roma and it finished cycling Saturday on the 4th week.

Weeks reading of cycling.
1st week - Ph 7.8, Ammonia 0.25, nitrite 0.15 and nitrate 30
2nd week - Ammonia 0.50, nitrite 0.20 and nitrate 8
3rd week - Ammonia 0.20, nitrite 10 and nitrate 20
4th week - Ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 20

https://fluvalaquatics.com/uk/shaker/
Wish they would sell those in the US. All I can find from Fluval is nano tanks ☹️

Shame about the pandas, my daughter had 6 WCMM that were less than a year old and 4 of them have gone, I can't think why unless it was the heat?
Naughts those was my 2nd lot of 6 and out of each one i have 2, they're hard to adjust at such a costly price..i feel for you daughter when it happens as it knocked my neck in.
I tested my waters today as i vacuumed the tank etc yesterday both ammonia/nitrite 0 and nitrate 20 matching roma water, so i got a bucket and mixed water from both tanks and got 6 albino's out and let them stand for 10mins to lose any toxins, added them and they're well away breeding now as i type :rolleyes:

Wish they would sell those in the US. All I can find from Fluval is nano tanks
noobfish they don't sell them in the US shame really as they would be brought as they're a nice desirable furniture piece.

Hi @Naughts i've been testing my waters and already i have the 7 albino's in since saturday and started breeding already, tested the water yesterday ammonia and nitrite stable, so i fetched out the bronze, sterbai and pandas and put them in a bucket of water mixed from both tanks for 10mins to loose off toxins and then added them and they're doing fine.

IMG_20210802_085628_7~2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back