Fluval Roma assembly problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Darter217

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Spent a bit of time assembling a new Roma 125 and encountered a bit of a problem, in the process of attacking one of the doors to the cabinet the hinge split from the plate of the hinge and won't reattach. Does anyone if this can be fixed? Or is the hinge buggered.

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_190321.jpg
    IMG_20200920_190321.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 108
Hard to tell but it looks like the hinge has broken, you can but replacement hinges easily enough, they're kitchen cupboard door hinges and are pretty standard. Take the old one with you and try a kitchen place or B&Q/Homebase.

Actually, looking again it looks like it's just come apart and you might be able to snap it together.
The two hooks go into the slots, screw the large grub screw out 1st to make it easier then scre it back in.

Actually, looking again it looks like it's just come apart and you might be able to snap it together.

I have tried to slide it and snap it back into place multiple times and it just won't hold or go back together. I don't want to make too many attempts in case I wear out the screws.

Reactions: kwi
And now I think it's snapped again, is there a broken off piece?
The piece on the carcass should be a cross shape.

No, the plate just detached from the main section of the hinge. I looked around to see if anything had snapped off but it hasn't.

If you look at the othe hinges you'll see if they're the same shape, but those bottom plates are usually cross pieces.
But as I say pretty standard so easy to get, Fluval may even send you one.

Sounds like it’s going to be easier to get a new hinge, loads of hardware stores have these readily available, simple swap out.

B&Q, Homebase and Screwfix will have standard cabinet hinges.

Not expensive either.

They were tricky to get on in the first place, got one door on and right as I was about to get the other door in place the hinge split in two.

Glad you got it sorted without any more trouble.

Cant wait to see the finished set up, start a journal perhaps?

Glad you got it sorted without any more trouble.

Cant wait to see the finished set up, start a journal perhaps?

Set the tank up today and had a go with the lighting to make sure it worked, will start the cycle process on Friday!

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_131758.jpg
    IMG_20200921_131758.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
Hope I haven't jinxed it but does anyone know if this is an issue? Or nothing to worry about

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_163430.jpg
    IMG_20200921_163430.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200921_163418.jpg
    IMG_20200921_163418.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 76
I've been advised to just fill it slightly to start with to check for leaks at the bottom, if all is good then proceed and fill the tank fully.

Reactions: kwi

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back