Fluval Prism

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Jamesthecat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My Fluval shopping has just landed.

I used to have a Kessil on my marine tank and I do really like the led ā€˜shimmerā€™

I used to get it from the Fluval Bluetooth LEDs on my 100l but with the new 450l I donā€™t.

Ive also had a bit of a move and made a mountain type focus point for the fish to lay claim to the extra caves itā€™s made and wanted some lighting for it.

So Ive been looking for a Fluval Prism and wanted to get it tomorrow on payday - luckily I found an EBay listing where I got the Prism a Fluval Sea Powerhead and a tub of Fluval bio all for Ā£30. A real bargain

The Powerhead is pretty much as youā€™d expect but the lighting is as follow :

Nicely packaged, no extra cardboard which I hate.
Very small unit though I expected it to be bigger
Standard IR receiver so I can link it to my Logitech Harmoney remote. I prefer IR than wireless.
Very bright, I didnā€™t expect such a high output from a small unit. I cant be bothered to look but they must be using decent LEDā€™s

The beam range is 6ft and it must be used submerged

Nice features are the sunlight setting and lightning that switches on blues and produces random flashes.

Some fish only spawn during storms or stormy seasons so this may be useful for some people
Video of Fluval Prism Lightning (4seconds in)

Please note my fish related quilt cover
3F138EF0-0350-4565-A9C1-BE6220BDC27D.jpeg

663ED877-AB5C-43D7-A31E-FDAFFEDE3D71.jpeg

Thanks, Iā€™m tackling the wires tomorrow, requiring everything into a PDU before I get tangled and canā€™t get free

6C17854C-7610-4AC8-8F7E-4CB5D019450D.jpeg

I think ive honestly got a broken rib - with i was trying to pull one of the cables free and fell off the bed earlier

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back