Fluval Flex 9g Filter Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ste05

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for reading and any help provided. I have recently purchased this aquarium and it's setup right next to my bed. It's beautiful to look at but the filter noise is keeping me awake at night.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this aquarium and possibly installing a quieter filter?

I have done some google searches and see some of the quiet filters sit at the top of an aquarium however ideally I would prefer to have one at the bottom as it has a hose? that goes up to pump filtered air into the main aquarium compartment.

So really what I'm after is the same type of filter type ideally i.e. that works with this aquarium but with a silent motor.

Thanks for any feedback.

The noise is most likely vibration from the cable against the lid or tank wall. You could try wrapping that in a bit of foam or adjusting the placement. The Eheim CompactON 300 works well as a direct replacement for the pump, and its adjustable. I have one in my 15. It is much quieter but occassionaly I do still get vibrations from the lid and have to push it down firmly.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back