Fluval E Heaters Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
How long are the leads on these? I am looking at getting some new heaters, but I need long leads. Need a rough idea if anyone has these heaters.

Many thanks :)

Are they any good? I am sick of buying heaters that do not keep the tanks at the right temperature.

I have three of these, two are in tanks and one is on the shelf because it started acting up and I won'r risk an unreliable heater.  I also have a second heater in both tanks with one of these, and so far (2-3 years) the two in the tanks seem to be OK.

When I need new heaters now, I get the Eheim Jager.

BTW, the problems you have experienced with heaters not keeping the tank temperature...do you mean the temperature fluctuates when the heater is set and left alone?  Or is the tank temperature higher or lower than what you set on the heater?  The latter is comon, as so long as the temperature remains stable, the setting may have to be lower/higher.  For example, my Eheim keeps the tank at 77-78F but it is set on 74F.  I've had several different heaters like this.

Byron.

Thanks Byron. I have looked at the Jager. The main problem for me with heaters is I have large cichlids, having heater guards is ok, but once the suckers fail they can still get bashed about. I have 4 that need replacing now 2 are set at 22C but are heating the tanks to 30C.

Are the Jager a good heater then? what warrantee to you get with one?

I have had a 300w E heater. Have to say it was quite decent and the temp matched exactly the two thermometers i had in the tank.

Easy to see temp on digital screen of heater as well as at a glance colour or temp, red too warm, green right temp and blue too cold.

Oheim Jager heaters have a good rep, although I have no had one of these personally. I may get one myself if price is right.

star4 said:
Thanks Byron. I have looked at the Jager. The main problem for me with heaters is I have large cichlids, having heater guards is ok, but once the suckers fail they can still get bashed about. I have 4 that need replacing now 2 are set at 22C but are heating the tanks to 30C.

Are the Jager a good heater then? what warrantee to you get with one?

What you should look into for this problem is a heating element in the canister filter.  I believe you can buy these to insert in the tubing of existing filters (others may have more detail).  But one of my Eheim Pro II canisters has the heating element built in, and I must say it has without question been the most reliable heating.  There are obviously no heaters in the tank.  I set the temperature to 24.5 C (77 F) and the water temperature has never varied from this by more than two decimal places, i.e., it may be 24.2 or 24.3, or 24.6 or 24.7, but that is it.  And this filter has been continuously running now since I bought it in 1998.  The only time the tank gets warmer is in the summer during the heat waves, which is of course no fault of the heater.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back