Fluval 406 Or Eheim 2217?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm at the point where I need to pick out the filter for my 50 gallon tanganyikan tank. I've already for a fluval 406 running on my 75 gallon, and it's been working great for me. I love the ease of use of the thing with the baskets and such, as well as the compact design.

However, looking through multiple threads and reviews on google, people really seem to like the filtration aspects of eheims classic series better. I felt it was worth looking into, but I've noticed through youtube videos and reviews, a lot of people find eheim's classic canisters a pain in the butt to do maintenance on, as well as prime. At least, in comparison to the fluval's 06 series.

One thing I've noticed is that eheim's canister has a lower GPH rating, but boasts to filter larger tanks than the fluval 406. This may be due to the fact that the eheim seems to hold a lot more media. I like the idea of the filter kicking up a bit less flow and holding up a lot more filtration though, if this really is correct.

Does anyone have a preference toward either filter?

I've been debating the same thing for 2 weeks haha, upon so much research on here, online and stores, you'll find it's very 50/50 split and personal preference. Almost like 2 big car brands or apple vs android haha

I have an eheim pro 2225 on my 29 gallon, and it's absolutely silent!!!! I hear all eheims are like this, and I've also heard good things about fluval and will probably be getting a fluval 405 soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back