Fluval 3.0 settings to get rid of algae.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

RunRedRunner

Reaction score
I started to get green algae on the rocks and back of glass. Now Iā€™m getting gravel algae. I did a 40% water change today. I know my lights are on too long. Iā€™m just wondering if I can extend the light period by extending the sunrise and sunset?

Attachments

• 0C53BCF8-E8C9-4E62-A1C8-6C20BE3CA96B.jpeg
    0C53BCF8-E8C9-4E62-A1C8-6C20BE3CA96B.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 197
I started to get green algae on the rocks and back of glass. Now Iā€™m getting gravel algae. I did a 40% water change today. I know my lights are on too long. Iā€™m just wondering if I can extend the light period by extending the sunrise and sunset?

Algae is natural and will bee present in any fish aquarium because there are plenty of nutrients and usually light. It can make do with just about any light. Higher plants are far fussier over light.

If this is a planted tank, then you need to find the balance of light and nutrients to furnish the needs of the plants, but no more so algae is disadvantaged. Light for higher plants has two distinct aspects, intensity and spectrum. Duration is also a factor in controlling algae, but does not compensate for intensity.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back