Fluval 106 Filter Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi there

just a question about the external fluval 106.

it says for aquariums up to 100 litres (mine Is 120) minus all of the wood and rock and substrate so it probably will be around 100 anyway
but I wanted to ask would it be sufficient enough to run on a 120 litre? I don't want an overly powerful filter as Im looking for a gentle flow and to plant with lots of vallis and from previous experience they don't do well with a too powerful flow,

also if I run the fluval106 on my tank would it mean I shouldn't stock the tank as heavily as if I had the next most powerful filter ??
hope this makes sense lol :)

i would go with the bigger 206 filter. flow rate can be controlled with a spray bar.

As Above, I have a 206 in my 125 litre with a spray bar though even with the standard output nozzle flow could not be described as Powerful + flow rate can be throttled back with the aqua-stop valve, most decorated tanks loose around 15% of their total "empty" volume. with the 106 you'd be severely under filtered in my opinion

okay after a bit more research I decided to go wth the tetratec ex700, was a bit cheaper which is always good and it has an adjustable flow rate too which I couldn't find any info about for the fluval, thought id save a bit of money and get the tetratec heard a lot of good reviews for these as well
I read about someone running an ex600 on a 60 and 90L tank and they said filtration was plenty strong enough (ex600 being for up to 120L ? and ex700 for 100-200L) so I thought the ex700 should be sufficient enough

should be fine. hope it works out well for you. good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back