luckypenny

Reaction score
Hi there--I have a cichlid tank with the following:

1 Green Terror
2 Flowerhorn's (Juveniles)
2 Yello labs
1 Purple Peacock
several common's

Part One of My question is about my flowerhorn's??

They have all been in the tank for about two weeks together with no problem's. No all of a sudden tonight the green terror and several common's keeps chasing one of the flowerhorn's around. While the other flowerhorn stay's in the top left hand corner of the tank. Whenever the one in the corners tries to come out the other flowerhorns chases it back in the top corner of the tank? It's belly is kinda pouched out??? I thought cichlids carried there egg's in there mouths so I dont think there mating? Plus there juvi'es???

Second part of the question is fish rubbing against rock's?? Like I said I have a newly set up 75 gallon tank with several cichlid's the cycling process is finish and no ammonia or nitrites ph is 7.4! Starting tonight several of the fish keep rubbing against the lava rocks or the gravel in the tank. Could parasites be on the fish in a newly setup tank already?? What causes them to rub against thing's??

Its tummy might be bloated and rubbing its sel of rocks is a indication of ICK or it might just be scratching its self :)

I've never seen a fish scratch itself, unless it's got an external parasite. I would remove the fish and observe for obvious signs of parsite. It could be an ich, or something more menacing.

Most reactions

Back