Flower Pics!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Our spring flowers haven't come yet, funny garden we have, plenty of sun it in but everyone elses flowers are always out before ours, not even the daffodils or snowdrops. Your tortoise looks great, always wanted one ourselves.

Our spring flowers haven't come yet, funny garden we have, plenty of sun it in but everyone elses flowers are always out before ours, not even the daffodils or snowdrops. Your tortoise looks great, always wanted one ourselves.

You should get one! They are so inquisitive and friendly! They are great.

I noticed that you named the daffodil but not the previous flowers (which are great
good.gif
close up shots buy the way) so just in case you didn't know the name of the other flowers or other people start asking what they where I'll say they are primulas. Even though your yard gets plenty of sun I am wondering if maybe your yard stays damper for longer than your neighbors as this will most likely keep the soil temp cooler even with the same amount of sunlight.
And he (?) is a lovely tortoise, I don't think we are allowed to keep land tortoises in Australia but with a licence people can keep fresh water turtles over here.

I noticed that you named the daffodil but not the previous flowers (which are great
good.gif
close up shots buy the way) so just in case you didn't know the name of the other flowers or other people start asking what they where I'll say they are primulas. Even though your yard gets plenty of sun I am wondering if maybe your yard stays damper for longer than your neighbors as this will most likely keep the soil temp cooler even with the same amount of sunlight.
And he (?) is a lovely tortoise, I don't think we are allowed to keep land tortoises in Australia but with a licence people can keep fresh water turtles over here.

Thanks for the name of the flowers I will update! We need a license to keep the tortoise too. I am not sure of its sex. It is only 3 year old and cant really sex them till they are around 5-6. My dad does the gardening so ill tell him the info!

I believe the easiest way to sex a tortoise is to look at its belly and if it has a concave ( male) or a smooth / flat belly ( female). Sorry about saying in my prvious post about moist/ damp soil I seem to have made a booboo
blush.gif
and mixed your post up with Micko. But it's still handy info to know. Did your dad have to grow his primulas in a hot house/ glass house? Every time I have grown primulas the snails in my gardens have made a lovely dinner out of them. I don't use poisons (if I can avoid it) so the snails get squashed when I find them or hopefully eaten by a couple of blue tongue lizards that should be in my yard somewhere. My front garden is a bit of a semi controlled jungle with a hodge podge of cottage garden type plants, ground orchids, some largish shrubs and some Australian native plants all growing together and lots of hippeastrum bulbs. And even though I live in CQ (Central Queensland) every year without fail my jonquils come up and flower without having to be lifted and chilled, which I reackon is great.
Keep your flower pics comming.
good.gif

Most reactions

Back