Fishless Cycle :)

This is for the 180l, right? (has image of squishing all those fish into a 23l cup :D )

If so, I love rummy noses...but, they're known as indicator fish, i.e. they are generally very intolerant of poor water conditions. When they aren't happy their rummy nose just becomes a nose, they lose all the colour. So I'd put ten in as the first fish, as long as you monitor the water parameters really well. Follow that up with another ten a couple of weeks later (you're doubling the bioload, so careful attention to water parameters, with appropriate water changes).

Platinum angels really not appropriate for this tank, too small and wrong mix of other fish (they'll eventually eat them).

The apistos will be ok until they spawn then there'll probably be trouble.

Plecs are poo machines so need to go in when the tank is well established. And I'll leave the compatibility issue to someone who actually has kept them.

FINISHED :d:D :yahoo: :good: :friends: :drinks: :cool: :kana: :- :hooray: :pepsi: :drink: :band: :fish: :fish: :fish: :beer: d:D :hyper: :thumbs: :flowers:

5 Days of 0's within 12 hours.. Only dosed to 1ppm each day.. so still gonna stock gradually ...

Added 20 Rummy nose tetras yesterday .. :fish: They seem to love there new home..

Congratulations on finally getting fish! I'm ready for them on Saturday so I know that waiting feeling. I'm now going to spend the next 5 days trying to sort out some plants!

What else are you planning on adding?
2x Platinum angels
2x singapore blue angels
2x Apistogramma Cacatuoides, double red
2x Apistogramma vejeita

1x Hypancistrus sp. (L201)
1x Leopard frog pleco (L134)
1x Albino pleco
1x Lemon ancistrus

It's been really exciting lol... Its been a nightmare trying to find plants without co2 etc im even considering tht now :blush: Hmm..

Most reactions

Back