Fishing

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Co.Down Ireland
Hi, im going fishing at 3:30 or so, any good tips or hints on how to catch them easily and more quickly (any tips will do)
Thanks :D
 
I seen people pulling loads out on strips of silver foil on whitehaven harbour-unreal
 
Makerel are best caught at dusk on warm days with a slight breeze, cast your line at where the seagulls are diving. I like to use feathers to catch mackerel I find it brings the best yield ime, also a six hook line works well anything brightly coloured will attract them and once attracted I have caught 4 fish on the same line, I have heard of people in particularly good fishing regions catching 6 mackerel off one line with every hook having its own fish. To cook I would remove the guts and place slice of lemon inside the cavity with coriander then some olive oil and coriander on the scales wrap in foil and chuck on the barbecue, take the foil off for the last 6 mins of cooking to char the skin slightly.
 
Makerel are best caught at dusk on warm days with a slight breeze, cast your line at where the seagulls are diving. I like to use feathers to catch mackerel I find it brings the best yield ime, also a six hook line works well anything brightly coloured will attract them and once attracted I have caught 4 fish on the same line, I have heard of people in particularly good fishing regions catching 6 mackerel off one line with every hook having its own fish. To cook I would remove the guts and place slice of lemon inside the cavity with coriander then some olive oil and coriander on the scales wrap in foil and chuck on the barbecue, take the foil off for the last 6 mins of cooking to char the skin slightly.

thanks really good advice there, the seagulls always herd in one place so i'll try casting there, :drool: that recipe sounds lovely, im gonna try that thanks so much saltynay
 

Most reactions

Back
Top