Fish Training & Teaching Tricks to your Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

fishyfun&fans

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I Figured out the other day just how intelligent these fish we keep are!

I Made a Small Hoop out of Airline and Connector and experimented by holding the Hoop underwater next thing I knew I had my Mollies trained to swim through this hoop.

now they do it whenever the hoop appears.

Iā€™ve started Target Training my Gouramiā€™s Spitting , now he spits at the food I hold to knock it into the tank.

My fish also hand feed if I hold a flake near the surface.

Also if I make my hand into a tunnel shape against the glass the Mollies swim through the tunnel.

:banana:Am I just mad or do others train there fish? :banana:

I once saw a youtube vid about a betta swimming through a hose / tube to another aquarium. So awewome. Tried to find the vid since, but didn't succeed.

That is very cool. Do post pics if you can! Next time sometime tells me dogs are better than fish because you can't do anything with fish, I'll send them here šŸ˜

I trained my skirt tetra to jump out of the tank, go to the fridge, grab a bottle of beer and then open the bottle with his mouth. He brings it to me and then he jumps back into the tank. JK :banana: :D :banana:

Lets stick to fish tricks in this thread .... Start another thread if you want to talk about plants or other subjects.
@fishyfun&fans I sent you PM ....please read it
I've taught my fish to swim through my plants.
I've taught my wood shrimp to climb up my Hygrophila species to filter feed and both kuhli loach and an assortment of shrimp to play within the roots of my Salvinia. :p

On a more serious note, I take the time to simply dangle my hand within a tank, so that the fish get used to it and learn that it's not a threat.
I've followed this up by leaving a net in the tank...just sitting there and occasionally moving it around.
Both of these activities facilitate less stress when I indulge in tank maintenance and usually make it easier for me to catch a fish or two, if it becomes necessary.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back