fish tanks

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

superfish

Reaction score
hi i have 2 tanks both cycled i have one 2 ft long tank 15 us gallons and another 10 gallon hex the fish i have is 1 male betta, 1 male dwarf gourami,5 black neon tetra , 3 neon tetra,2 female platy,2 rabuti corys,i wanted to no which fish to put in what tank and what fish will get on best . and how many fish in each tank.

Put the shoaling fish (5 black neon tetra , 3 neon tetras) into the longer tank (15 gallon). I heard some instances where dwarf gouramis and bettas do not get along, so I would put he dwarf in the 15 gallon as well, along with a platy and a cory (bottom feeder).

In the 10 gallon hex, put the betta, other cory, and platy. The hex has less surface area, therefore, has a harder time supporting a load similar to a regular 10 gallon tank.

Make sure you have more than sufficient filtration on both tanks.

Keep the schoolers in the big tank, as was said before. The goruami or betta should be ok with them, but the tetras might bully them, or vice versa.

The cories and platies should be fine with both, but I'm not sure about bettas with gouramis. :/

Most reactions

Back