Fish Tank Ornaments, Eugh!

Matthew Lee Newell

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Grimsby
do they all look crap?
theres just something rather off putting about seeing scooberdivers and treasure chests with bubbles popping out of them

i like things to look natural, and the fish obviousley prefer it,
one of my mates was like, put a shipwreck in there and a bubble shell, i was like, no dude. just no,

maybe it is just me?
 
No, it is not you, my sister was all like, for your birthday, I'm going to get you a ship wreck for your fish! I was like, that is not natural, she is all like yeah it is. I could have punched her in the face when she said that lol.
 
Ewww I hate those ornaments. I have allowed my sister one "Gary" which I belive is some kind of cartoon snail and that's as far as I'm willing to let it go lol. :lol:
 
I also think most ornaments look awful :sick:, Natural looking tanks are the way forward.
 
I personally like the natural look

But a person has the right to decorate their tank anyway they want, it's their tank after all

I plan on makeing a 6gal bikini bottom set-up when i have time lol, it;l just be for a laugh like.
 
I personally like the natural look

But a person has the right to decorate their tank anyway they want, it's their tank after all

I plan on makeing a 6gal bikini bottom set-up when i have time lol, it;l just be for a laugh like.

Lol, I remember us discussing that a few days back... I saw like Nemo tanks and Little Mermaid In Petco.

Lol one time in Petco, I was getting my 10 gallon a year ago, and there was this little kid and his dad, and the little kid was all like

I WANT NEMO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I have absolutely no problem with tank ornaments.
I do prefer natural look over them, but it's also fun to see tanks w/ ornaments as well.
What I DON'T like though is bright neon gravel. Specially when it's multiple colors, like purple, white, and blue all mixed together or something like that. Just not to my taste :)
 
I like natural tanks too, but i have a treasure chest and a no fishing sign.
Girlfriend wont let me take the treasure chest out because the fish seem to like it lol. And the sign makes me laugh.

And sadly i have that bright coloured gravel (big mistake of my first tank). I want to change the gravel to black gravel but i havnt got the time nor patience right now.

Regards,
Indir
 
i dont mind ornaments if theyre like something natural like a smashed pot or some broken ruins or something like that :) but i hate all those spongebob ones and stuff like that:) lol
 
I like statues in tanks, I saw a really neat statue at walmart the other day in their fish area, almost got it, if I had a bigger tank I would have got it, I have my 3 inch easter island statue in my tank and my tank simply wouldn't look as good as it does ( I think ) with out that lil guy... tanks with proper ornaments in moderation look great :) I have only been tempted to get a sunken ship once for my tank, it was a battle ship, about 9" long, and the detail on this lil ship as amazing, and it had really good holes, it was the best lookin sunken ship I've ever seen for a fish tank, but in the end it was still a sunken ship in a fish tank and that won't fly...

But the bottom line is, to each his iwn I spose...


;)
 
I hate ornaments in a fish tank, bust I must admit I have seen a couple of tanks recently which had them in and the looked fantastic, one of the was the Easter Island statue as mentioned above and the other was a crashed aircraft.

I suppose if you think about it then a crashed aircraft could be found in the natural environment.

Anyway each to their own, there are probably people out there who do not like plants and the 'natural' look
 
yea hate the taky stuff, I went the shop the other day just looking at tanks and my mum was there trying to get me to but a ceramic BOTTOM (BUM) which connects to the air "pump" to use instead of a airstone lol, funny but "crap." :)
 
I have wood, plants and gravel with a few green/blue stones in mine. If I were to put anything ornamental in there it would be some large crystals to catch the light. I gree with other posters though each to their own. :rolleyes:
 
I prefer a more natural settting too but I did ley my daughter do up her tank. The usual multi-colored gravel, fake bright colored plants, and pink coral statue. She loves it and I don't think the fish really care. Mine are natural looking even though I don't use real plants, except my goldfish that have an ancient greek ruin. Come to think of it, my daughter picked it out too. lol No worries. Looks fine.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top