Fish Suggestions For A 55 + Gallon Tank?

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Hi. I'm getting a 55 + gallon tank in a couple of months, and I want to get an interesting fish in there that will breed fairly easily. (BESIDES livebearers!)
If you're going to put in a suggestion, please tell me how to breed them, and how to raise the babies.
Thanks!
-fry_forever! :good:
 
Well, I could suggest getting an 8 Gal for a Betta and some Pygmys, a 5 Gall For breeding and the 55+ for Female Bettas.


Now the breeding part.

Ask Netty, he knows ALOT.
 
well, most S. American Cichlids are fairly easy to breed, and will protect there young. Convicts are among the easiest to sex at a young age, females will have red belly's.

here is a pic of my female when i first got her at about 1.5" long, now she is about 2.5" and is raising her first fry.
shjou72px3v5ckf9c2.jpg
 
well, most S. American Cichlids are fairly easy to breed, and will protect there young. Convicts are among the easiest to sex at a young age, females will have red belly's.

here is a pic of my female when i first got her at about 1.5" long, now she is about 2.5" and is raising her first fry.
shjou72px3v5ckf9c2.jpg

I was actually thinking about cichlids. That's probably what I'll do. Beautiful cichlid by the way. What about electric yellows? Can they fit in a 55+ gallon tank? How to sex cichlids?
Thanks!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top