Fish Store Reccomendation

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

InaneCathode

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'd like to recommend "Fish Den" as a reputable fish store in the Denver metro area in Colorado, US.
I went there today, and tried every test question i could on one of the guys working there, and he passed with flying colors :D All of their tanks are spotless, not a dead fish in the house, and even all the fish look happy as can be.
Theres signs all over that make me all happy inside "Please ask employee before setting up a new tank, a new tank needs to be fully setup and running for at least four weeks". I asked an employee what the sign meant, and he told me it was to assure new fish keepers had cycled tanks. There were tags on the pleco tanks, oscar tanks and so forth that said "Unless you have X gallon tank thats X long, these fish are not for you". I asked one of the employees about the shovel nose cats, and he told me without batting an eye "Those get about 3 feet long, not your amature catfish, cories are just as entertaining"

I also overheard something that warmed my heart greatly lol "Mommy lets get this one" kid points to an oscar, mommy agrees, approaches employee "I would like to get this fish" points to oscar, employee asks "What size is your tank?" woman replies "20 gallon long" employee says "Ah, thats way too small for this guy, you'll need a much much larger tank to keep this one"

Plus, they offered to take my extra javamoss for store credit :D

Sounds like a good store to me... Any place that will give you a good solid answer is generally a good store. Not to mention the store credit for the moss, that's awesome

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back