Fish Size

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
I have 3 "baby" swordtails. I still call them babies, but there like 9 month old. Anyways, 2 of the three are like 2 in long, and the third is maybe 1/2 in long... is this normal? They came from the same set of babies. The mother only had one before she died. The two are growing fast, and the other just isnt. Could it be just a little fish (Little fish as in like little people) or is it just slow to grow?
Thanks
 
could be just an oddball fish, or could be a different sex from the others. could be that the other two are just very greedy!
 
I'd put it up to greed. I don't know about swordtails in particular, but fish do form a pecking order, and once one fish starts getting more food, they tend to grow better and keep getting more food. Of my six black tetras, two have grown considerably since I got them, while one doesn't seem to have grown at all in almost six months.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top