Fish Over-eating

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
My swordtails and some cherry barbs are over-eating. Obviously, most of you are thinking im over-feeding, but I have a dilemma. There eating algae wafers. I heard Otos will die if you dont supply them enought food, so I added a wafer. Only one has to found it, and the other fish are eating it too. There getting fat. However, I cant take the wafer out or the Otos will never get any and die (new tank). What should I do?
 
either pop in an algae wafer right before lights out, or feed zucchini.
 
thanks, ill try that. I think there done eating it for now, so ill leave whats left over night for the algae eaters, then not put the new wafer in tomorrow until night time. My mom has to pick up zuchinni also. I added it to her shopping list this morning.
 
I've gotten better results with zuccini, cucumber, and lettuce with my otos. They'd go for algae tablets, but wouldn't eat if any other fish were around, and a number of my other fish like the tablets, too. You can safely leave fresh veggies in the tank overnight, so everybody gets a turn.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top