Fish Maturation And Colour Change Experiences?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TooManyChoices

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
DSC05483_zpsab6d1b1d.jpg

That was my jewel at the start of the year. Well, things have definitely changed!

Taken a couple of days ago!
04BBBC7A-B53F-4DBA-8B10-85CDCF806CCA-34682-000010A670751EA5_zps93723a77.jpg

[video=youtube_share;3C4rbTtHspo]http://youtu.be/3C4rbTtHspo[/video]

A bit of an ugly duckling story if you ask me! This has been the fist fish species I've kept that has had such an intense colour change as it has aged.

I'd love to hear from people and see some photos of fish that have changed over time! Anything from juvenile oscars or guppies, to their adult stage!

Sometimes not because they are adults already but because it is breeding time for them. Lovely jewel cichlid by the way! I had bad experience keeping them but still, lovely.

And was that a congo tetra at the first pic? Lol

Sometimes not because they are adults already but because it is breeding time for them.
My kribensis used took beautiful in breeding condition, but relatively bland when not breeding.

Lovely jewel cichlid by the way! I had bad experience keeping them but still, lovely.
Haha yeah I took a bit of a risk! It's paid off though. I've kept it solo, for fear of a breeding pair of jewels! I hear they're horrible!

And was that a congo tetra at the first pic? Lol
Yep, a female yellow tail Congo :)

Horrible? It's lethal attraction lol..

Omg, how are the jewel with the congo tetra? I've only kept them with aurelio's barbs and tinfoil barbs with relatively no aggression. But to other fish, man they're a pain lol. What other fishes are with them?

This happens with boesmani rainbowfish aswell, they are almost grey wen young but lovely when they get older

Omg, how are the jewel with the congo tetra? I've only kept them with aurelio's barbs and tinfoil barbs with relatively no aggression. But to other fish, man they're a pain lol. What other fishes are with them?
They're fine together, it's in with 7 yellowtail congos and 1african butterfly.

While I have no before and after pics, for me the most dramatic change in the fish I have had is of my red tailed black shark, "she" was almost totally grey and with a very washed out caudal fin, now she's as black as coal with deepest orange tail and has white tips on dorsal and pectoral fins, a thing of beauty :) 

While I have no before and after pics, for me the most dramatic change in the fish I have had is of my red tailed black shark, "she" was almost totally grey and with a very washed out caudal fin, now she's as black as coal with deepest orange tail and has white tips on dorsal and pectoral fins, a thing of beauty
Sounds stunning! If you could get some footage or photos I'd love to see! The only ones I generally see are shop juveniles and they always look pretty washed out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back