Fish is Swimming Unbalanced

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

romiko

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought some tetras, and one of them is now swimming irregular, in circulars, kinda like a helicopter that lost the tail blade.

He is still eating and doing his best to survive, I think some of the guppies bullied it, I hate emm Guppies, I witnessed the whole thing, 3 of them ganged up on the little bugger, another larger tetra is guarding him now and sometimes he takes refuge with my Clown Loaches.

Any advice on improving his survival is appreciated, sometimes, he bumps into the rocks and stones, since it is hard for him to navigate.

The thing is, he is trying really hard to survive, and I am rather proud of his efforts. He eats at least!

Also what fish can I buy to controll the guppies, they breed liek rabbits and I need fish that are good community fish.

I have about 10 tetras, 2 clown loaches, 2 suckers, 3 catch fish, 6 guppuies, 10 guppy babies.

I need fish that will eat the babies, as nothing in the tank is munching them.

Thanks for advice!

It sounds like his swimbladder has been damaged by the bullying
can you isolate him?
he needs to be isolated so you can raise the temperature to 82f
which will speed up the metabolisum and promote a speedy recovery.
I'd also add a general tonic to the water to reduce stress, the danger here is a secondary infection to the swim bladder, which could be fatal.
good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, what do you mean by general tonic?

I have exit and esha 2000, should I isolate him in another tank and add these two medicynes?

general tonic, such as melafix, an aquarium tonic salt (not table salt),
stresszeme or other type of stress reliving medication.

Ok Great,

Will go get a heater for the small tank ( the small tank i got is 25l),

Is there anythign else I should get for the small tank?

1 Heater
Maybe a small filter ?

Will add esha 2000, exit and melafix/stresszeme.

Is it ok if I keep the hormwort in the tank, this small tank holds all my hornwort plants and is very dense, it also houses all my snails, which I feed to my clown fish.

Thanks Allot :hyper:

I would say yes the hornwort will be fine, check the instructions for snails, some medications are harmfull to invertibrate ans snails etc.
good luck

have you had a realy close look to see if the fin isnt missing on 1 side ?? if its swim blader then you can treat with apsom salts 1 t spoon per i ltr wtr bath 20 min
put back in tank :D

Most reactions

Back