Fish identification

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Awwwwwhhhhh maaaaaaaan. I donā€™t think the OP realises quite what theyā€™re letting themselves in for.

Mrs Lurch certainly didnā€™t when she bought four female endlers from a mixed tank to be GFs for her two remaining males. The girls never even made it out of the QT tank. Second day at home there was eight more in there then a week later six more etc etc.
It seems to have stopped now after 50+ fish to a different LFS, 8 males into my community tank, 6 extra males in her male tank and three extra females in a new all girl tank.

It's a Japan blue guppy male.
The commercial trade labeled all Japan blues as being endlers while they're actually guppies. But I do have to admit that there are also japan blue hybrids these days. First Japan blue hybrids (endler x guppy) were made by Adrian Hernandez. But most Japan blues that you're able to get are guppies. But they're mostly sold as being endlers while they're guppies.
Japan blues come in different tail shapes these days.
Awwwwwhhhhh maaaaaaaan. I donā€™t think the OP realises quite what theyā€™re letting themselves in for.

Mrs Lurch certainly didnā€™t when she bought four female endlers from a mixed tank to be GFs for her two remaining males. The girls never even made it out of the QT tank. Second day at home there was eight more in there then a week later six more etc etc.
It seems to have stopped now after 50+ fish to a different LFS, 8 males into my community tank, 6 extra males in her male tank and three extra females in a new all girl tank.
Thatā€™s why I keep males only colonies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back