Fish For A Column Tank?

KingOfTheSea

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London, England
Hey, I may get a column tank (the ones around 6 foot tall). Not sure on width. I have seen a few on online shops etc.

What would be suited to life in such a weirdly shaped tank?

Guppies?
 
he wont be able to stock according to volume. because there is little surface area it will make for very little gaseous exchange.
 
Oooh angels would be cool, Depending on width of the tank Obv.

Also just had a thought, How the hell would I filter it? Power filter in the upper levels then a powerful air stone to make some circulation?
 
Filtering wouldn't be too hard - you'd probably need a couple of heaters in the column to even out the temperature.

But.... How the hell would you clean the gravel!? Or how would you get a dead fish out from the bottom?


Maintenance would be a nightmare - not worth it in my opinion
 
I have a load of spare heaters and filters and things but you are right... Hmmm. There must be someway around it.

Im thinking... Some sort of contraption... Hmmm lol
 
Could I get a rigid plastic tube and attach it to the syphon, so I have control over the movement of it. And also get a really long net?
 
The foot print of these tanks is small. There is not much you would be able to fit in one. I don't know if you could put the plecos in it. And wouldn't the pressure as you get deeper hurt the fish?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top