Fish Food

fergalthefish

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
353
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
i was just wondering about the food some people sell on ebay. specifically the un-named, loose type that just comes in a plastic bag. is it any good??? i hope you know what i mean lol. its just a pic of a pile of food e.g. algae wafers but has no specific brand name. is it worth the risk cos its cheaper?
 
just search for something like king british, i bought a 450g bag off them for less than a fiver
 
I wouldnt bother with no named brands. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. Think about all the time, care and attention you give your fish, then feeding them chit lol.

I once tried buying cheaper food on ebay, but gave up. I used to feed my then tank, 2 blister packs of frozen food a day, 1 pack of frozen bloodworm and 1 pack of lance fish. It was costing me a lot of money, then I started buying the bloodworm from ebay, however the quality was so bad, I ended throwing most away.

I now buy King British flake on ebay, 6kg bucket, and I now buy the bloodworm from my lfs. I just cut back as to how much bloodworm I was feeding, so nowadays I feed mostly flake, and say 4-8 small cubes of bloodworm.

But dont underestimate flake....it is actually full of good stuff for fish.

[for those wondering why I fed so much frozen food, I had at the time 2 large pacu's and two large oscars, and some blue lobsters, they would eat for England!]
 
I get some from user priley1.

I've had the bloodworm pellets and various other mixes. My fish seem to prefer the bloodworm and algae ones so I don't bother with the mixes anymore. They've been having these pellets for over 2 years so I'm pretty sure there are no issues with it.

I do however use a wide mix of other foods including flake, frozen, pellets, live & fresh.

Arfie
 
I also use bloodworm pellets and algae and spirunela (spelling?) wafers from an ebay store,

I have tried two suppliers so far, both foods seemed the same but the fish definitely noticed the difference, with the first ebayers foods as soon as i dropped the pellets in the water the fish would literally fight to get there before each other, and even my raphael cats that had never been seen in the daytime before then bolted out their hiding places to get these bloodworm pellets, however with the second ebayers foods i tried my fish didn't seem to like them at all, they would see them and grab them in their mouths and then spit them out and leave them.

Its strange that i noticed most of you feed king british flake as it never has been a brand that i've liked as i've found that it seems to foul the water more than some other brands??

apart from the pellets and wafers from ebay my fish also get fed Tetramin Pro Crisps and Tetra Doromin, as well as their weekly treat of frozen prawns, deshelled peas and a chunk of cucumber
 

Most reactions

Back
Top