Fish Fight!

saz326

Fish Herder
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hertfordshire
Doing my daily checks on the tank I saw one of my Tetras has basically had half its face mashed from a fight. He probably upset the breeding cichlids I have. They usually stick to their own sides of the tank but I guess this time it got messy.

He is recovering (looked much better this morning) in his own tank at the moment. They do heal fast dont they!

What is the worst battle (or other) damage your fish have faced - and survived! (no deaths here please!)
 
my male betta got his fine shredded when he jumped the divider and spent the night with my apisto.
 
Out of the frying pan - into the fire! Poor fella.... anymore survivers of bad luck/moody fish out there?
 
Not myself, but my best mate has a weatherloach which jumped out of the bucket while she was moving house. She thought it was a large slug until she got closer and then ended up chasing it up the garden path, then back down, then around the side of the house before she caught it! He didn't seem bothered and is still going strong today!

But that's not a fish fight...
 
my oscar was about 6 inches long and didn't get along with my 12 inch pleco. they would pick fights during the day but nothing serious.

then one night, around 11pm, me and the wife are woken up by a huge splash, i'm thinking glass broke and aquarium is leaking (it's a 90 gallon tank)

i walk to the living room to find a floating oscar and a very agressive pleco. i guess the pleco waited for lights out and smashed the oscar in a corner, displacing enough watre to lift up the cover and splash water on the floor. I thought the oscar was dying, took him in my hands and then he sorta shaked his way out. I figured i'd let him be and see what happens. Turned out ok the next day although the pleco was never bothered again :)
 
my oscar was about 6 inches long and didn't get along with my 12 inch pleco. they would pick fights during the day but nothing serious.

then one night, around 11pm, me and the wife are woken up by a huge splash, i'm thinking glass broke and aquarium is leaking (it's a 90 gallon tank)

i walk to the living room to find a floating oscar and a very agressive pleco. i guess the pleco waited for lights out and smashed the oscar in a corner, displacing enough watre to lift up the cover and splash water on the floor. I thought the oscar was dying, took him in my hands and then he sorta shaked his way out. I figured i'd let him be and see what happens. Turned out ok the next day although the pleco was never bothered again :)

LOL, Yeh my oscar can be a pain in the /\ss.........
 
worst ive seen not had happen, is my mates zebra danio...he has 2 massive silver dollars and one decided he was going to try and eat the danio.....the danio had almost half his body missing! but he still lives today....the chap who has the tank does not listen to me when i say he is mixing the wrong fish, theres neons in there and 2 plecos, also has a single 6inch silver shark......but he belives they will grow to the size of the tank, is that true? cos im sure its not...

but my own personal happening......would have to be my bettas fin rot, man it was so bad he has now alot of curled fins now but seems very happy!
 
he belives they will grow to the size of the tank, is that true? cos im sure its not...

Saying the fish will only grow to the size of the tank they are in is like saying that a child's feet will only grow to the size of the shoes they are wearing. But most people believe the "won't outgrow the tank" thing. Hence why ppl buy plecos for 2' tanks, etc.
 
Just remembered a story (I do kinda remember it as well)

I won a goldfish at a fayre (hooking ducks or something) and I decided to get up early one weekend morning and show it my room etc.

I went in the kitchen and put my hand in the bowl and fished him out.

I woke my mum up by me talking, and she came and asked who I was talking to, I said my goldfish!

I opened my hand to reveal a shrivelled up goldfish. My mum shrieked, got me to put it in sink in the bathroom. Its death was inevetable.

BUT NO!

After about 5 mins, his fins started going and he was swimming around fine.

We kept him for ages after that, and eventually ended up in my dads big pond.

:D
 
my danio got in the way of a pregnant guppie and it bit his eye out of the socket then the entire tank apart from him died in on night got the power went during the night and the termo went off.


it is happy cos he survived :)
 
polypetra tried to eat a neon tetra he was hanging out hes mouth he lives
 
male betta crossed divider and got in with another male betta both shredded to bits - i was out for the day - now both recovering well
 
I had a rescued sev that had no gill covering, and an oscar that had HITH right through him, with one blind eye.
 
My betta jumped down 4 feet off my dresser onto hardwood floor while i was cleaning his tank in the bathroom. Hes still alive 3 years later. About a year ago I was moving the same betta to different tank and he slithered out of my hands and fell about 3 feet down. Almost thought he wouldnt survive that one but hes still here.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top